Obama's Gun Control Plan
The battle lines have been drawn after President Obama dictated to the NRA and its gun owner members. The NRA fired back with a cheesy, low-blow TV ad about his daughters getting armed protection while most commoners do not. Such BS. Of course, his family gets armed protection, all members of the President's family does wherever they go. That ad will rally many against the NRA.
The issues that the US Congress (House and Senate) must pass for Obama's gun control are as follows:
- Background checks on ALL gun sales-Internet, private, gun shows, newspaper ads, inter-family members
- Reinstating the expired 10 year ban on assault rifles like the AR 15
- Make possession , manufacture, transfer of armor piercing bullets illegal
- Stiff penalties for gun traffickers and anyone who provides guns to people with criminal backgrounds
- Limiting a 10 round ammunition cartridge for all firearms
Of the above, I see no reason why all cannot be passed and supported by even gun owners. I know the AR 15 is a contention point, but these guns are sport guns not hunting guns. These guns are bought by people seeking quasi-military power in their hands.
Obama can do the following without Congress' approval, he only needs to sign the bill.
- Increase interstate sharing of gun owner info and background checks
- Make federal agencies cooperate with gun background checks
- Identify people who should not own guns
- Research to find how to prevent gun violence
- Make sure health care providers contact police when patients threaten to use violence
- Give local schools the ability to hire 1000 officers and counselors
- Make sure agencies trace recovered guns
- Local agencies to run background checks before returning any seized gun
- Train first responders how to deal with live shooters at emergency scene
- Force all schools to have an emergency plan
- Ensure medical plans also cover mental health
- Create better gun locks
More by this Author
Every city has them, just like this.
On both sides of the political aisle, people are yelling about voter fraud in the recent presidential election. The Democrats support the Green party's idiotic recount.
Join this long list of consumer problems and complaints about this car. Most o the problems are on models pre-2009. Many sad stories.