Are You a Poser?
I constantly run into posers and it often drives me crazy. I wonder why people like to feign something they are not? The posers pollute the world and diminish the coolness of the non-posers. Are you a poser? Based on my interactions with many posers, here are the major telltale signs of posers.
Food / Drink
- If you claim you like "fine dining", but think Olive Garden is an authentic Italian restaurant, you're a poser.
- If you claim you're a "wine expert", but only drink White Zinfandel and Riesling, you're a poser.
- If you claim you like "ethnic food", but the only ethnic place you know is "PF Changs", you're a poser.
- If you claim you "love Spanish food", but don't know the difference between Spanish and Mexican food, you're a poser.
- If you say that "travel is your passion", but you haven't left your state, you're a poser.
- If you say you "love other cultures", but find the McDonald's in every country you visit, you're a poser.
- If you claim to be a "world traveler", but don't have a passport, you're a poser.
- If you say you "love the outdoors", but routinely watch the sunrise in High-Definition on your TV, you're a poser.
- If you call yourself a "skydiver", but have only done one tandem jump five years ago, you're a poser.
- If you claim "cooking" as one of your hobbies, but the only thing you cook is macaroni and cheese, you're a poser.
- If you say you're a "swimmer", but think sitting around the pool drinking pina coladas is "swimming", you're a poser.
- If you say you're a "marathoner", but have only walked a half marathon, you're a poser.
Are You a Poser?See results without voting
If you're a poser, there's hope. Check out this guide on How to be Cool!
More by this Author
It appears many of the ideals these outlaw motorcycle gangs are rebelling against are the same ideals they adopt in their organizational structure. Like any society, members will rebel against their normal environment,...
Colombia has been very successful trafficking drugs, primarily cocaine, into the United States despite numerous attempts to stop trafficking at United States’ borders. There are many reasons for...
I spend a fair amount of time at the gym and in men’s locker rooms. I have witnessed many strange breaches of gym etiquette in these locker rooms. It has become obvious to me that most men know nothing about...