President Obama First U.S. President to Hold Press Conference With No U.S. Flag Behind Him

I am trying to be patient, I am trying not to jump to conclusions, but there seems to be an anti-American President in the office of the President of United States.

First it was the fact he used a plane for his campaign prior to becoming President that had American flags on it. He had them removed and put his own pretentious logo on it.

Then his wife said she was “finally proud” of the United States, implying she hadn’t liked our country prior to her husband’s rise to fame and fortune…

Then we have the “Apology tour” of Barack Obama. Our President, who went around the world apologizing for everything he believed was wrong with our country. This was supposed to make everybody like us and the world would sit around the campfire singing “Kum Bay a” together. But as we know, that didn’t happen.

Then there was that weird bowing thing he did with foreign heads of state protocol didn’t require any U.S. President to bow. Then he doesn’t bow when it comes to the British Queen, someone a U.S. President – protocol wise – is supposed to bow before.

The list goes on. Now, the latest ------ as I understand it, he is the very first American President to have a press conference and have NO American flag behind, or near him while in front of the cameras.

Then as the Gulf states drowned in oil, tax payers had a party for Paul McCartney. Oh, you weren’t invited? You paid for it though. And during this party, taxpayers and wage earners paid for someone from the UK to insult our former President George W. Bush. The aging Beatle, a real intellectual giant himself, said receiving the award from the Library of Congress from this President was so wonderful. And in case we didn’t know what he was implying, he made it perfectly clear. He was thrilled he didn’t receive it from the President of the past eight years who “didn’t even know what a library was.”

That this President didn’t stand up and cuff this guy for saying such a horrible thing is beyond me. That Mr. Obama didn’t take the honor BACK from this idiot is sickening. That the crowd of POTUS sick-o-fants present CHEERED this remark is even more sickening. These are the people who surrounds our President.

And we now know, he doesn’t surround himself with the American flag.

Only 956 more days until he is tossed out of office and replaced by a real President.

My husband Mark in the Al Faw Palace - one of Saddam's old palaces and that is one of his thrones as well my husband is sitting in.
My husband Mark in the Al Faw Palace - one of Saddam's old palaces and that is one of his thrones as well my husband is sitting in.
I dunno...you be the judge - looks sort of "Muslimy" to me...
I dunno...you be the judge - looks sort of "Muslimy" to me...

More by this Author


Comments 142 comments

PrettyPanther profile image

PrettyPanther 6 years ago from Oregon

I thought I'd let you know that the central premise of your article, that President Obama is the first U.S. president to hold a press conference without U.S. flags, is factually wrong. A quick Google search reveals that Bush I, Bush II, Reagan, and Clinton all did it. Just thought you wouldn't want to publish an article with incorrect information in it.


Wayne Brown profile image

Wayne Brown 6 years ago from Texas

Carol...for all the things this guy has done, it all pales in light of his abhorrence of the flag. Why not spit in the face of every American? This man wins the slot worst president emeritus. I hope everyone who felt the need to vote for mockery to the Office is hanging their head in shame.


Tom Whitworth profile image

Tom Whitworth 6 years ago from Moundsville, WV

cvj123,

I think you are right as I mentioned in my recent hub he never acknowledged D-Day the 66th anniversary.


sheila b. profile image

sheila b. 6 years ago

To me, it looks as though, with the gold background, he's decided on a Middle East look.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

PrettyPanther - I too did a Bing and Google search - I found that President Obama is the first to do this. Prove I'm wrong. I have the photos from his most recent press conference. You may have done a search and saw other Presidents speaking somewhere without flags, I'm writing here about press conferences. Prove me wrong otherwise, this Hub still stands as written.

Secondly - I said "As I understand it." I did not say this was absolute. So prove me wrong. I'm not going to say, "OH - PrettyPanther says I'm wrong so I must be wrong." Give me facts to back up your assumptions.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Exactly Tom!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Sheila - I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! I told my husband that the "décor" was decidedly middle eastern!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Wayne, I couldn't have said it better! Thanks for writing what I was thinking!!


tom hellert profile image

tom hellert 6 years ago from home

other one looney on the web who repeated the same message but was part of some liberal blog- he had no pictures and just repeated that reagan had no flag at a press conference about 10 times but there were tons of listings indicating Barry had no flags. Why does this shock anyone if he wants his irth country flags out there he will have the Kenyan flags put up.


PrettyPanther profile image

PrettyPanther 6 years ago from Oregon


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Nope - still stands. 1) Snopes is notorious for being anti-George W. Bush, anti-Christian, anti-Jew and other such causes. 2) The recent Obama press conference was held at the White House. The only photo they use to "prove" other Presidents held press conferences without American flags were obviously not held at the White House. The one with Ronald Reagan doesn't show the entire room or stage or area behind Reagan - so that's not going to count. Show me another shot of another President who held a WHITE HOUSE Press Conference - without a flag and I'll revise this Hub. Otherwise, until then - it stands as written.


PrettyPanther profile image

PrettyPanther 6 years ago from Oregon

Okay, whatever meets your standards for truth in journalism...


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

We won't be doing too much of this - but I'm going to teach you about "primary" sources and the proper sources for journalism. "Snopes" is not a primary viable source for factual information. Snopes is a husband and wife team who determine - by their own subjective standard -- whether something is true or not true as in urban legends and the like. You want to find "truth in journalism" show me something from "The Wall Street Journal" or an AP photo of a former President who held a Press Conference in the White House and didn't have a flag behind them. Or another news source. Snopes hardly meets the "truth in journalism" criteria. For a liberal maybe, but not for the real truth.


ru blog profile image

ru blog 6 years ago from Anchorage, Alaska

Obama has always been in business for Obama. Do you remember when he told the Democratic Congress "I am the moment we've been waiting for." That said it all.

We can expect nothing but incompetence and big legislation. This is why all we have experienced since his inauguration is constant campaigning and grossly huge legislation. Misguided legislation to say the least.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Ru Blog - My husband and I were just saying - he is so out of his league. Mr. Obama simply doesn't know how to lead the country or do much of anything else that matter save give teleprompter speeches. And I didn't know he said what you quoted. How pathetic...Thanks for leaving your comments - I always learn from people who stop by and take the time to write their thoughts. Thanks!


Nobody Special 6 years ago

In regards to your debate with Pretty Panther, I'd like to know where YOU get your facts. When I do a google on this issue, the only sources I find are most definitely right-wing slanted. The photos you use here in your hub are even straight from one of them. I don't think it's unreasonable for you to ask someone with a differing opinion to show you "proof," but I would hope you would also be able to show "proof" for yourself before you can pass off this information as "facts."


Nobody Special again 6 years ago

"Snopes receives more complaints that it is too liberal than that it is too conservative, but insists that it applies the same debunking standards to all political stories.[4] FactCheck reviewed a sample of Snopes' responses to political rumors regarding George W. Bush, Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, and found them to be free from bias in all cases. FactCheck noted that Barbara Mikkelson was a Canadian citizen (and thus unable to vote in American elections) and David Mikkelson was an independent who was once a registered Republican.[4] "You’d be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David Mikkelson told them." Wiki


Nobody Special 6 years ago

cjv123-You haven't heard the quote that Ru Blog posted because Obama never said it.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

#1) Nobody special - I have proved my case - the photo is proof. The two photos are of Mr. Obama's recent White House press conference. And lest you think the photos might be doctored, I got the first one from the Huffington Post:http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7137/slid...

I don't see any American flags, do you? I even went through the trouble of finding another shot just to make sure they weren't off to the side or something.

Secondly - you want to use backwards logic. I don't have to prove a challenge - my Hub is the "given" -- now it is up to someone who challenges this Hub to prove me wrong, not the other way around. Similar to what it states below:

"22. Absence of Proof

This fallacy of relevance consists of deducing from the event that a proposition has not been proven false that such proposition is false, i.e. its opposing proposition is true. For example, we can say that since no one has demonstrated that there are no inhabitants on Mars, there probably are. Or, what can you answer to the superstitious person pressed to give reasons to believe that the Boogie Man exists, who says: 'Prove that he does not'" http://claudiogutierrez.com/English/logic/logica_4...

Lastly - I haven't checked if Mr. Obama said what Ru claimed, however, I assure you, he has said other bone-headed collossally stupid things like:

The buck stops here, I'm in charge.

No, I haven't spoken to the CEO of BP.

Get in their face.

So I know whose _ss I'm going to kick.

You can keep your health insurance.

We're not going to pull the plug on Gramma.

And my favorite oft repeated rant: We inherited this mess.

Ah - no you didn't. You ASKED FOR and worked HARD to take on the Presidency. It wasn't "given" to you beyond your will. You begged for it. You didn't inherit one thing.

And so many more, I don't have the time to write them here...

The Commander in Cluelessness...


jiberish profile image

jiberish 6 years ago from florida

CJV, nice call! I just read that Obama has missed 8 special events including D-Day to play golf, which he has 32 times. No Flags, no Crosses, but plenty of Martinis on their Weekly wednesday martini parties. I wrote about his behavior, if he were on trial he can claim insanity, his narcissistic behavior is an incurable sickness which will destroy America all while he's busy partying.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

You said it jiberish! I do hope though - that if he's one term, we can still hope to save the country! Thanks for stopping by!


Dave Sibole profile image

Dave Sibole 6 years ago from Leesburg, Oh

Whether or not other presidents have done press conferences without the flag does not make it ok. He has done so much to Anti-American rhetoric that it is sickening yet I still hear people on talk shows defending him. Thanks for sharing and standing up for your opinion.


KFlippin profile image

KFlippin 6 years ago from Amazon

May 2010 Press Conference that is clearly absent an American Flag in the room,as is shown by the video panning around, and I think that's the East Room, where normally there are flags present, and for some reason he used the gold drapes as his backdrop: http://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse#p/search/18/2rT7IANtSjo

While the absence of flags in this last press conference has a glaring and garish quality somehow, it doesn't look like from the video clips that follow, that he makes a habit of holding press conferences without our flag. He definitely hasn't used them as a solid backdrop as has been done by many Presidents, but they are there.

When I first read Wayne Brown's hub on this same topic, I was so moved, and so astonished by the notion of no flag in Obama's press confs -- and still am moved by it, it is an excellent hub of passion and patriotism. However, that same evening my husband got one of those emails that go round and lo and behold it was about the President and no flags at his press conferences -- my eyebrows shot up on that, and I wondered if it was a case of quite misguided conservatives, and that would appear to be the case.

My looking around found the following videos of our President with flags very much evident. No doubt this last one seems to just shout its lack of flag, or flags, present, and it is inexplicable that there would be none, but those below do have flags.

Feb. 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMW2cf57beY

July 2009: http://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse#p/search/0/zNGKxgHJ2iU

April 2009, East Room of the White House, and there are flags off to the side, this is the same room where he held this last one, he's just set up in a different spot: http://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse#p/search/1/aGMcJBAomUo

June 2009: http://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse#p/search/11/-ohjO3BW5TY


KFlippin profile image

KFlippin 6 years ago from Amazon

These Press Conference links should work, and I've included a few more as well, only the last one was absent a flag so far as I noticed.

May 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rT7IANtSjo

February 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMW2cf57beY

March 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI6gQ6DHQNc

April 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGMcJBAomUo

July 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNGKxgHJ2iU

June 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO1xiiYjbQc

Feb. 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMW2cf57beY


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

KFlippin - I"m a little confused - but are you saying that he DID have them in the room when he had this most recent press conference? If you're defending the President saying "they were there" sure - they were probably in the room, but they were obviously REMOVED from behind him, as no other President's seem to have ever intentionally done before as it would appear Mr. Obama has done. I'm not writing that he's never had them behind him - he has - I've seen them behind him - I'm writing that he has rarely ever had press conferences and when he does - there's a glaring omission during this last one - no American flags can be seen anywhere near him, behind him, to the sides of him, they are AWOL. I'm not sure what you were trying to say here. Maybe I misunderstood.


John B Badd profile image

John B Badd 6 years ago from Saint Louis, MO

Cvj, you are absolutely right about one thing at least, there are no flags present in the above photo. I am neither defending nor bashing President Obama, but I am a lover of facts. I think in all fairness we should point out that the president is not responsible for setting up his own flags before speeches. In fact if he is preoccupied (which all presidents should be) he might not even notice if something that he assumes is being handled by his staff is not done correctly.

The only thing that is proven here is that there were no flags at this one press conference in the white house. If you show me a trend of this behavior in the future I will get worried. If you can prove he said to have the flags removed ( and I am certain he is way to savvy to say anything like that, or even want it to happen, he does have another election to compete in after all), then I will believe he has an anti-American diabolic plan in the works. Till then I will use my fairly sound logic and reason.

Thank you for hub. (By the way I found it after doing a search when receiving the same pictures in an e-mail; your hub was 2nd in yahoo when I searched for this info)


nialla 6 years ago

Ok I keep posting this.. But see that yellow color.. Saffron Yellow. I believe its not a coincidence... it has several political and historical meanings. He's mocking the US.

Caliphates - Saffron Yellow was representative of ARAB NATIONLISM, ARAB (Caliphate) domination, imperialism and the spread of the ARAB Empire.

Socialists. - Saffron Yellow symbolizes the renunciation of materialism a basic socialist tenet.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

nialla - I pretty much get a notification whenever I get a comment on any of my Hubs and this is the first time I remember receiving this notification otherwise I would have posted it.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

I will be more than happy to show you a trend John, as that's actually a very fair question and very valid one.

Mr. Obama has frequently been seen "holding his crotch" at events where the Star Spangled Banner is played rather than placing his hand over his heart, EVEN when others around him are placing their hands over their hearts (on the stage with him).

The Church he attend for 20 years with a Reverend who was his "mentor" as he mentions in his own book - and all the anti-American political statements this so-called Reverend has made.

His wife - while granted - not him - but they have always appeared to be completely like-minded - saying "FOR THE FIRST TIME" she is proud of her country.

The taking off of American flags from the jet he jetted around in when he campaigned for the office of President of the United States.

And while you might have a point - and I say "might" that he was "distracted" before his press conference - as if he gives these things often - I can't buy it. If I walked into that room, even if my own husband was going to make an announcement as a full Colonel - I'd say, "Whoa - this place looks like an Arab brothel - where the heck is anything even remotely like something "made in the U.S.?" Anyone who had eyes - anyone who isn't blind would at least stop and think, "Something's wrong here, what is it?" So I see what you're trying to do - play devils advocate - but I'll do the Judge Judy method. If it doesn't make sense, then it isn't true.

He hadn't had a press conference in almost a YEAR. No one - other than someone brain dead -- especially someone who is probably one of the most impeccably dressed President's we've had since Ronald Reagan - who is even impeccably dressed ON A BEACH IN LOUISIANA - , even when he's playing basketball he has a button-down shirt on most of the time ---- would be "so distracted" as to not see and/or examine the very area they would be standing in while the eyes of the world were on them. It's not like he has these once a week and it was all hastily put together. Sorry - that one won't really fly. I firmly believe this was absolutely by design and it was by design by him - from the top down.


wishfulthinker 6 years ago

I read over the snopes review of the Press Conference. It clearly states that due to the event's nature, it being impromptu, or being held in an unusual location that the lack of flags were often not seen in photographs taken during a press conference. The Press Conference that Obama held was not related to any of these circumstances.

Many times over he has made myself, as a Proud American, very upset with the man who is at the forfront of our Country. A country always needs to be proud and strong even when it is week and hurting. If our Commander and Chief feels the degradation of what he has "inherited" and feels the need to apologize to other countries for what has evolved than how are we going to stay strong. No where in the history books has a power ever rose up by bowing down to its meddlers. We need LOVE for our Country again. I feel like Merle Haggard sometimes. But oh, I do love my country. I just want a president who does to.


John B Badd profile image

John B Badd 6 years ago from Saint Louis, MO

Ok CVJ those are good points. I have noticed his lack of patriotism in the past during the national anthem. I thought it was his arrogance. Maybe you are right. If so what are we going to do about it?

The president is well aware of the reputation he has as being in the league with terrorist and being a socialist, so it would stand to reason that he would go out of his way to prove he was not, which he has not been doing.

I have no doubt that he is one of the most self important and conceited presidents we have ever had. But I am still not sure he is anti-American. I will watch and report if I begin to feel otherwise.

I do like to play devils advocate by the way.

Thanks for the thought provoking hub.


John B Badd profile image

John B Badd 6 years ago from Saint Louis, MO

P.S. I fact check everything on Snopes. All though I believe their information is factual I also believe they have a liberal undertone. I consider my self middle of the road and I dislike the republicans as much as the democrats, so I have nothing to gain by saying this.

If Snopes is not liberal then FOX is not conservative. I consider both of these statements to be facts.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

You add much to the discussion John - and I' really pleased you keep stopping by. Sadly, I'm far more cynical than you - and I too dislike the Republicans but not as much as I loathe the Taxocrats - a party that has now become completely corrupt.

What are we to do about the President? Make certain he is a ONE TERM President. That's why I write these political blogs! Trying to do my small part!


truly different 6 years ago

"holding his crotch" at events where the Star Spangled Banner is played....

Probably this is where his heart is....


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Truly different - if he has a heart...


SheriSapp profile image

SheriSapp 6 years ago from West Virginia

BO is the first such open ANTI-AMERICAN prez to hold the office. Remember during the campaign he said he didn't wear a flag pin because he didn't want to appear to be taking sides??!! HUH? I thought that the president is SUPPOSED to be on the side of America!


JT 6 years ago

I went ahead and submitted this to Fact Check, the site run by Media Matters. We'll see what they say. Just out of curiousity, do you believe Drudge to be unbiased? Because, if so I'm wasting my time here.


KFlippin profile image

KFlippin 6 years ago from Amazon

Perhaps I wasn't clear. If you watch the video of the last press conference, you will note as the camera pans around the room, that there are not flags in the room where they typically have been in the past. This is a regularly used room in the White House and perhaps someone should write a hub investigating who directed it's décor, it is rather gaudy, but then it is our White House. And it would also be informative to know if any other President chose to stand closely in front of the golden drapes ever in recent history.

The 'inference' in the hub, and the 'inference' in the email that started these discussions across the internet, is that Obama doesn't have the American flag present during his press conferences -- a generality.

Earlier in the flow of your comments there was reference by one of your readers to the snopes.com site I think, where the facts of this matter were reviewed by them, and you rightly argued that the reader had not validated their argument that other Presidents held press conferences without flags - as the basis at snopes is clearly one supported mostly by impromptu press conferences.

I was curious, I did my own looking around, and found all those videos of Obama press conferences with flags, none other without, and thought it quite relevant to make this point so that the discussion of the matter would have full actual facts, and no exaggeration. I think it is important to only speak from facts, as there is rampant idiot "wingnut" insults flying all over the forums, and elsewhere.

That said, I too find it quite odd that there were no flags in the room. Generally, there are flags on either side of the big entryway that leads to the room, I think. So, it is stranger indeed for even those flags to be quite absent -- impromptu press conf. or not, which I find hard to believe as well.

I would also add that I saw video after video of Hillary Clinton giving press conferences all over the world and I never happened on a single one where there was not a US flag -- high five to Hillary on that for sure.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

I consider Drudge a source of information that I check occasionally but actually, not often. I admit - for example, I won't double check "The Wall Street Journal." But with sites like "Drudge" etc. I'll sometimes check when I use them. If you feel you're "wasting your time here" trust me, I'm not begging you to "stay."

And Media Matters? ROTFL! It is a non-profit organization EXCLUSIVELY to challenge CONSERVATIVE information. Yeah - a REAL unbiased "primary" source right there. ROTFL!!! If you want to use THAT as a source it won't last long here. I will SO hit that delete button. You want to write liberal garbage, or parrot liberal garbage, write your own Hub. My Hub isn't going to be a platform for lies and misinformation period, no less by the uneducated, ignorant Kook-Aid drinkers on the left. Sorry.


packy 6 years ago

"To me, it looks as though, with the gold background, he's decided on a Middle East look."

Just because it's *gold* means it's a Middle East look?? How much gold is in your church? Are there any *arches* in your church? Arches are Middle Eastern architecture. Run screaming.

And look on snopes - there was no flag behind Reagan!! That proves he was an Islamic Communist!!

Get clue, and a life, people


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

KFlippin -

Here are the most important facts of the matter. Mr. Obama held a RARE press conference in the White House.

No American flags were present.

I don't care about other press opportunities. They are irrelevant with regard to this discussion. The relevance here is - he's had what -- three press conferences EVER? He has an entire STAFF of people who prepare for this event. He himself - unless he's brain dead - has some say in the matter - plus he's the "eyes on the ground." He had to see the room himself before he ever got on that stage. Even if not before hand - when he walked INTO the room, he had to see it. Again I point to a President who cares obsessively about his appearance. The stage he stands on would fall into that "sphere."

And let me tell you something about protocol - since I'm 1) an Army Officer's wife (husband recently retired) of over 30 years and 2) since Mr. Obama is no stranger to NOT being on time.

When he walked into that room - the decidedly UNAmerican appearance should have stopped him COLD in his tracks. He -as President should have said, "Get an American flag up there and whoever did the décor is FIRED." The press conference would have been delayed - a flag put up behind him, the conference would have gone on. ALL Presidents are busy - ALL Presidents are "distracted." That is NO excuse - unless - as I said, he's a complete idiot. I've seen Sr. Officers do this ALL the time to include my own husband.

We all knew, around the world, that this press conference would be held in advance. There wasn't one single indicator in that room that he was standing in a room in the U.S. no less in The White House. There are no excuses. This was deliberate. Why can we safely assume this? Either he's THE stupidest President who has EVER held the office -( not too far from my thoughts actually )- to not KNOW the OMISSION of an AMERICAN FLAG during a PRESS CONFERENCE by a President whose patriotism is already questioned --- must be deliberate. This is a logical conclusion given the circumstances - his past actions/inactions/and the fact THERE WERE NO AMERICAN FLAGS PRESENT. You don't even see any in the ROOM. Again I repeat, either he's an idiot - or it was deliberate. I'm sorry - but your attempt to play devil's advocate is very, very weak. Look at the facts of the matter - it was either deliberate - most likely - or everyone involved - his staff and the President himself are too danged stupid to tie their own shoes...


KFlippin profile image

KFlippin 6 years ago from Amazon

??? I'm not playing devil's advocate! And nothing I've said disagrees with you about the lack of a flag at this press conference, or that it is rightfully disturbing. If anything, the video of that press conf. should be reinforcing your position! about no flag there, particularly their absence from the main entryway! Where many other photo ops, addresses, etc... have occurred right their in that entryway! With flanking flags, always!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Packy - once again as has already been brought up here in the comments - Snopes is a left leaning married couple who run the entire website. They don't even have a staff. Hardly a bastion of "facts" or "truth."


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Sorry KFlippin - I owe you an apology - I don't know why I wasn't getting your point. Sorry about that. I hope you being able to post your comments here you feel you've been adequately given a chance to explain. I do thank you for your persistence despite my "thicknesss" and you taking the time to keep coming back. Thanks - and again - please accept my apology.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Sheri - I forgot about that one! Oh my gosh "taking sides." What a block headed thing to say...that's the point - he IS anti-American and it's obvious to any thinking person with eyes to see and ears to hear him.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Oh - and Packy - my husband has been to the Middle East for Army deployments a number of times. Every photo he sent back of Saddam's Palace (where he spend one deployment in Iraq) had those colors. My husband has said that those colors aren't necessarily the "colors" of the Arab world - but by the photos I've seen he's taken - those are the primary colors. Also - let's add to the fact - this was the White House - the White House in the United States of America. I didn't see a spec of red, white or blue - which would have been far more appropriate. It resembles an Arab tent - I'm not the one who said it WAS Arab or Muslim colors - but it does smack of it. Given the fact the President bowed to A Saudi Prince in a most obvious way - and the fact he's very friendly to Arab/Muslim leaders but not Israeli leaders - and that he's been accused to being a Muslim secretly - he should have had a brain in his head and avoided anything that might have made him look anti-American no less drape the room with what could have easily been Arab décor. I left the comment because while I couldn't find verification for the comment - it was a valid opinion.


rowdycat 6 years ago

The first time I saw the drapes I thought it looked Muslumy, then I saw the photos that showed the two 7 ft. brass candle holders (or whatever they are) on either side of the drapes. It looks like the inside of a mosk.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Rowdycat = There is a photo of my husband literally sitting on one of Saddam's old thrones - and the colors are very similar to this photo I have above of the President. In the photo of my husband - there was what was supposed to be a lamp - and it looked very, very similar to those things they had on either side of the President. In fact, I may just add that above - why not? Just for comparison's sake.


breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 6 years ago

I am very glad you wrote this hub. Obama is anti-American and the proof is out there for anyone who is willing to face the truth to see. His allegiance lies elsewhere.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Glad you're back Pop!!


Marine68 6 years ago

While it is true that several other Presidents have had press conferences without the Flag in the room, those were not persistant occurrences for them; they are for Obama. What is worse he will not recite the pledge of allegiance and has been photographed along with Michelle Antoinette crossing their hearts with their left hands rather than the correct right hands, and that only after being called out for doing nothing at all on previous ceremonial occasions.


JT 6 years ago

Wow, thanks for the harsh response.


Moretorque 6 years ago

This is big,are we sure no other president has made a press conference with no flag. I have a hard time believing this could be the case in the white house.The snopes artricle in my view does not count thay are not full pictures and some are not in the white house.

I think they are telling us the country has been sold and our law's no longer apply to us by the new owners.


D. Banks profile image

D. Banks 6 years ago from Georgia

I have tried to overlook these types of events too. Why is he giving an address with no American flag? It is a privilege and honor to serve as the President of the United States of America. This is utter disrespect.


Loadmaster 6 years ago

CJV - you go lady. Our son is on his 3rd tour to Iraq and Barry has not and never will have my respect. I take some of the blame for Barry getting in the WH because I didn't work hard enough, make enough phone calls, knock on enough doors or give enough financial support to a true conservative (not McCain). Trust me it ain't happening this time. I want Barry out of the WH ASAP. We're working hard to make sure he's a one time POTUS and he can take Harry, joe, Dick, John, Patrick, Nancy, Maxine, Barney and all those liberals/progressives with him. We're taken our country back, one seat at a time. Barry has made a mockery of the office of POTUS. Tarnish it is but this to will not stand.

Gods speed to you and yours.


Moretorque 6 years ago

I do not believe most people realize what is going on,our history is being prescripted.You see the whites are no longer having enough kids to keep there #'s up and the new America will be mostly latino and black.They had to give America a new look to meet it's new face and Barry is it.

The republic that was the USA went bankrupt in the great depression and was to be financially backed by silver and gold. We lost all of our real money to a counterfeiting cartel known as the federal reserve!Fort Knox was looted a long time ago and know they are collecting the debt we own them on all the counterfeit bills we have been running our economy off of the last 75 years so they are taking over the whole country and laying claim to all the property.

We are being merged into a world wide socialist dictatorship and Barry is to be the spokesman for the new and upcoming North American Union.

They figured out a long time ago if they could counterfeit the money and not be audited they could rule the world.

Barry is just doing his job and that is to complete what Bush started and that is the complete overthrow of what was left of the the US of A.

Do not be surprised if Barry is the last preident of the United States of America!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

JT - you're right - I was too harsh and I apologize. But it was pretty obnoxious on your part as well to make your holier-than-thou question (which was actually a statement) about Drudge followed by "you're wasting your time here" if I did view it as a valid source. You started it JT - however, I didn't have to be so harsh and mean and I certainly shouldn't have name-called. I was wrong to do that.

Not wrong about exposing "Media Matters" though. Wrong for my nasty tone. Sorry!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

D. Banks -- thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. I know if you've read more than a few of my Hubs - it seems as if I hate Mr. Obama. I don't - and I mean that truthfully. I actually pray for him and his family when I do my daily Bible study and not just "Make him change." I pray for his protection and the protection of his loved ones and his personal staff and aides.

I want to SO BADLY see him do well. I want him to take this world by storm - but it's more and more apparent - he's clueless how to be President of ALL the people. He's polarizing - divisive and I honestly think he's in way over his head.

He does such amazingly stupid things - it's stunning how out of touch he is with the American people.

Thanks again for stopping by!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Moretorque - I can honestly say - the headline was to grab attention and I didn't comprehensively verify that no other President omitted the U.S. Flag at a White House press conference. But I believe that it's at least probable that in the last century - all Presidents - with a planned press conference - has stood or sat at a desk in front of at least one U.S. flag -- all except of course Mr. Obama. I say again - I believe it was very calculated.

I appreciate all of your comments and in put - thanks for taking the time to let us read your thoughts.


Moretorque 6 years ago

The guy has no power, he is supposed to be a puppet and that is what he is period. He did not decide to remove the flag the new owners of the country did.

I honestly believe the message is your country no longer exsist and after I have read some of the signing statements the presidents have made law by executive order over the last 10 years along with the laws the house and senate have passed I have come to the conclusion 911 was a coupdeteat and most of our government has been boughten off by the people printing the checks.

Start with executive order 12803 issued in 1992.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

BTW - Nobody Special - "Fact Check" is wrong. It's a husband and wife team who met in a chat room. They are not "experts" I don't care what Fact Check says. What are the qualifications of this husband and wife team - one who is a Canadian? Rhetorical. They have no qualifications and I have personally seen at least a half dozen stories that they have "debunked" and they did it in a left leaning, anti-Christian way. They may TRY avoid being slanted - I'm not saying they don't - but regardless, they are not a valid source. Just this latest "debunking" proves my point. Every single photo they showed except one with Ronald Reagan and even then we couldn't see the entire photo - they showed impromptu press conferences. Plus - they didn't include one photo of any President having a planned press conference in the White House - yet - they used those photos of other Presidents without American flags as their "proof" that Mr. Obama isn't the only President to have left American flags out of the room, no less behind him on the stage.

Fact Check's own quote is ludicrous - from Wikipedia BTW - a web site of information that anyone can change/add to/delete etc. - says:"You’d be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David Mikkelson told them."

This is David Mikkelson - he's one of the owners of Snopes! He's saying this about HIMSELF and HIS WIFE - who is his partner. Of course he has to say that they aren't biased! Fact Check didn't make that statement - the quoted Mikkelson saying that about HIMSELF. If Snopes was run by these two and perhaps a staff of varied political views - there would be some validity to your argument - but it's not. It's just the two of them! Sorry, Snopes is no bastion of truth about anything. Just a married couple who have good research skills - and have a left leaning bias,


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Thank you Marine68 - thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - you've added much to the discussion.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Loadmaster - please tell your son that I thank him for his sacrifice and service to our country. I know all too well what it is like to have your son at war - and I thank you for bringing up such a hero.

And I had never thought of it before - but you're right - I too didn't do nearly enough. I guess while I respect McCain - he didn't energize me. Palin did at first - but it was also complacency. I never thought Obama could win! There were just so many things - Rev. Wright, Bill Ares, Che Guevara on the wall of his Texas campaign headquarters - the list goes on. I kept thinking the American people would wake up - right until the bitter end. I honestly did.

I was wrong - and so were so many Americans for voting for this fool. I truly believe he will go down in history as the most inept, ill prepared President in our nation's history. If he doesn't help destroy it before then...

Thanks you for your son - thank you for your comments. Please come back again!


rgray222 6 years ago

It is blatantly clear that this President is way over his head when it comes to being a leader. He had a burning desire to be President but does not have clue on how to lead the country! He played Chicago politics with the American People and told us what we wanted to hear but did not deliver on those promises. He is a reactionary man and not a man that gets out and leads on things. The press asked have you met with the CEO of BP, the answer was no but now a meeting is set! The press asked "why does he not show any emotion on the issue of the oil spill" on the Today Show he says he has "commissioned a panel to tell him whose ass to kick". The funny (if you look at it that way) is that he can't even figure out whose ass to kick without a panel of experts. Point being he is reacting and not leading!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

rgray222 - excellent and spot on observations! Thanks for adding to the discussion!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

rgray222 - excellent and spot on observations! Thanks for adding to the discussion!


Moretorque 6 years ago

Barry works for the owners of BP, I will give you a hint who owns controling stocks of BP. They granted the charter in 1691 to counterfeit money out of nothing to form the current world wide economic system that most of the world is suffering from and going bankrupt under.

Barry works for the money masters and the money masters own BP!


Trochilus profile image

Trochilus 6 years ago from Lambertville, NJ

Regarding the Snopes piece, it is very suspect, and for a few reasons.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/pressc...

First, they were simply responding to an e-mail making the broad claim that, President Obama is the "First U.S. President to hold Press Conference without the American Flags Present."

In support of their response that this was "False" the folks at Snopes posted several photos from past press "confabs," of one kind or another, where it does not appear that flags were present.

One was of G.W. Bush holding an “availability” of sorts on an airport tarmac; while another one showed his father, George H.W. Bush, responding to a question at an availability on the lawn of what appears to be his summer home in Kennebunkport, ME. A third featured L.B.J. in a very informal get-together while sitting in an office chair and with the photo showing a small corner!

Those three photos were entirely irrelevant to the claim, as all three appear to be hastily cobbled together "press availabilities" held in informal settings.

And, I'd bet the farm, by the way, that if that photo of Lyndon was taken in his office the White House, there was a flag standing somewhere in the room that day. That photo and the other two just mentioned prove absolutely nothing.

The other two photos -- both taken in the White House are utterly inconclusive. One shows Reagan in the Press Room responding to a very small group of reporters. First, it does not show the entire backdrop, so it is inconclusive on that point alone. Nor is it clear whether it was of a press conference. It could have been a hastily drawn availability, especially given the small group. Finally, the only photo taken in the East Room is of Bill Clinton responding to the press. It is a completely bogus representation on this topic because it simply does not show the backdrop at all! Snopes was completely out of line using that photo.

So, the question still remains . . . why did Barack Obama hold a full Press Conference in the East Room of the White House on May 27, 2010, without American flags being present?

It is an unprecedented occurrence, and a troubling one at that.


Molly 6 years ago

"First it was the fact he used a plane for his campaign prior to becoming President that had American flags on it. He had them removed and put his own pretentious logo on it."

Attached is a link to a pic of McCain's plane...and where is his flag and NOT his pretentious logo??

http://blogs.mcall.com/penn_ave/images/2008/06/30/...

Wait - maybe his flag was supposed to go where his pretentious URL is listed.


Trochilus profile image

Trochilus 6 years ago from Lambertville, NJ

Look again, Molly . . . the flag is on the plane.

At this point, attempting to (and failing) to raise issues about John McCain, is a little like attempting to blame George Bush for everything that goes wrong.

Weak!


Trochilus profile image

Trochilus 6 years ago from Lambertville, NJ

Just curious, RAS . . . at whom are you directing your comments?


kirks 6 years ago

This whole discussion thread is absurd. Earlier one did get it right... As a professional in corporate production and former NavalOfficer I can tell you that no one from the Presidential staff determined to pick a room because it has a middle eastern look. That architecture and interior design is common place in most hotels from the 1890 to 1950s which by the way are all the ones that are frequently used for events the types of which POTUS would speak at. It's no different from any meeting room at a fairmont, waldorf, intercontinental and the like.

Now questions such as what it a photo only event, or was it intended for broadcast, was it comments after meal of a policy speech all affect whether or not you'd set flags. If others than the President speak from the same podium then you are NOT supposed to use a flag. To compare broadcast events with a dinner meeting is absurd in terms of format and layout.

He had a glass panel teleprompter, and a Presidential podium screen so it was probably only meant for him.

Arguing over such conspiracy issues de-legitimizes any credible argument about his far left leaning policy and desire for world wide validation of his actions - all of which may be an interesting dialog.... but this, is just noise that's makes people call conservatives wackos...


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

And Molly - you missed the point - which is unfortunately typical of the liberal process - skim something they read - then form their opinions. Mr. Obama REMOVED American flags from the plane he used, apparently, whatever plane McCain used didn't have U.S. flags on it to begin with as it never made a news article anywhere. The liberal press would have been all over that one if they did. It's the fact BHO REMOVED the flags and didn't replace them with anything other than his new age looking personal icon. Then - it turns out =WHOOPS McCain did have a flag!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Tochilus - - thanks for adding some intellectual comments to the discussion. I deleted a few of the liberal views - the SECOND I hear some IDIOT say that our discussions are racist - that's when I hit the delete button - when I can get to it. I'm on vacation - and can't get on-line as quickly as I'd like - but I will get on here eventually to make sure that liberals don't have a forum. Let them write their own Hubs with their inane, and baseless rants of racism. When they can't come up with something intelligent to say - they cry "racist" when it comes to any discussion of this President they don't like to hear.

Thanks for your excellent comments!


LMR 6 years ago

Cjv123,

Very interesting - thank you! You may find this interesting as well...

With a little step to the side, this article was titled

"A Shrink Asks: What's Wrong with Obama?"

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/06/a_shrink_as...


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

LMR - someone sent this article to me via email - I thought it VERY interesting. I had just been saying to my husband, (right before I received the article) "President Obama acts so STRANGE. He knows people are hammering him about the gulf oil spill and he goes and plays five hours of golf. Literally - he is shown on video - playing golf for hours and hours - yet begging us to believe he's on this "24/7" and "the buck stops here." Where? On the golf course?! Any time I see him doing such lug-headed things I think, "If GW EVER did ANYTHING like this during Katrina..."

Then there's the fact that there are skimmer barges off the coast SITTING! Did you know that we TURNED THE DUTCH DOWN when they offered to send their barges to skim the oil?! Why? Because there's union placed ordinances that foreign ships can't enter U.S. waters. Why can't the President do something about this with Congress - enact some type of emergency exception to this rule??! It's MADDENING! He acts SO WEIRD - no normal person would act like he does. This article you linked to explains a lot though. Thanks for your contribution!


mikicagle profile image

mikicagle 6 years ago from Oklahoma

Kudos to you and your article and to your thoughtful reponses to the comments. I appreciate the fact that you won't lower yourself to step into the mud some commentors are slinging. You are absolutely spot on in your observations both of the actions of our 'commander in chief' and of the blinded individuals who choose to support his anti-American actions. His first in office offense was the premeditated lie he told when he took his oath of office swearing to do his best to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Thanks mikicagie - and I appreciate your comments - however - sometimes I "lose it" and my anger and bitterness about Mr. Obama and his administration shows - so I have to apologize or delete my responses. It's a struggle not to strangle those who are so blinded. As someone "Tweeted" "To make a conservative angry - lie to them. To make a liberal angry, tell them the truth."

I struggle with the liberal lies that are parroted over and over and over. How can any thinking person say some of the things they say? That's why Fox news is so important. I listen and HEAR liberals speak their mind there because while I won't always agree with most of them, they at least THINK about their beliefs and have substance to back their beliefs up. But the constant drum beat of the lies, "Bush's war," "No WMD's", "We went to war for oil", "You don't like Obama because you're a racist" and absolute lies like those drive me MAD!" But I do want to hear other points of view and try my best to let them air on my Hub pages.

Thanks so much for stopping by and offering words of encouragement!


Springboard profile image

Springboard 6 years ago from Wisconsin

There are NUMEROUS things about our current president that gives me great pause. This just adds to an already full list. When I first saw it, I hoped with every fiber of my being that it was photoshopped by Obama bashers. But I could find not a shred of evidence of that.

It's not even about democrats anymore. I can handle democrats. This guy is something other than that. Haven't been able to put my finger on it, but it is discocerting no doubt to say the least whatever it is.


tess 6 years ago

Please thank Your husband for his service for all of us. God, I miss having a president who respects and appreciates our wonderful military and their families. Blessings!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Thank you so much for your comments Tess! I appreciate that you stopped by to say such kind things. I'll pass on your appreciation to my husband!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

I agree with you Springboard. Thank you for leaving your comments!


GirlwithCow 6 years ago

It makes you wonder "WHY did he, Our President of The United States of America,Barrack Obama, Slap Away a Helping Hand to America, from the Dutch who Offered?" Would it not be better Politics and World Friendly to Except Help from other Countries , as we have Lent a Hand to Other Countries in Time Of Need? AMERICA? WAKE UP!!! Shouldn't WE Have More of A SAY in These Matter's? This BP OIL LEAK has America and The World's OCEAN'S/SEA'S/ALL WATER At Risk...Not Just AMERICA'S. This will prove a Problem for many more year's then most will know. We Need Help from Everyone to Clean it Up!! On the Matter of "The MISSING UNITED STATES FLAG'S: It's UN-AMERICAN!! A FACT! I shall follow your HUB ....send me a link to daily reads.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Thanks GirlwithCow - unique name BTW. Love it!


Tuckerp profile image

Tuckerp 6 years ago from Clifton Tx

The media . All media has been lacking in showing this trend of Obama .

Great Hub ! So true.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

True Tuckerp - SO true!


unamedOp 6 years ago

I am not writing to you today to agree or disagree one way or the other about the President. I am writing this in regards to an annoying email that keeps getting forwarded and if it originally stemmed from this site so be it. After a very brief search this is where I was brought in regards to the email.

People can jump to all the conclusions they want but that room in particular has specific guidelines about it’s décor.

The East Room along with the East Wing Terrace were both built to stray away from the political side of life including their emblems.

There are only two reasons flags are ever to be flown in the East Room. The first, when honoring the body of a current president who has died. The second, is when the president holds a ceremony to honor living soldiers with the Medal Of Honor.

Other than that the East Room has no flags in it ever, and has been that way since Lincoln’s Body was on display after his assassination.

And the ridiculous conclusions about the gold colored curtains were a tradition because in the early 1900’s when photographers where using flash powder and even single flash bulbs years later they kept the reflective light ambient enough to get good photo’s of the presidents and ceremonies held there.

The candle style wall sconce’s and large floor sconce’s has been there since that time frame as well. Always the same style.

Again, I don’t care about your political views or what you think the President is or is not. But use any picture you like to make your point about the flags behind him, just don’t do it with that room considering he has no control over that since it is a historical marker of sorts in how the décor of the room is handled. Be informed and don’t make wild accusations because of the picture in that room, and don’t let others think the same when the East Room only has certain moments when flags are allowed.

Want to find out yourself, a quick trip to the Library of Congress will give you the information about this. Even Hoover’s 1929 meeting of Nations that ratified the Treaty for the Renunciation of War was held in this room, and there were no flags then.

Again, I have no stake in whether or not the President had flags behind him in that photo. And reading the site and it’s replies seems people are very uninformed about the room in which that photo was taken.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

First of all OP - I didn't forward any email to you - I also have no idea who forwarded any emails to you that would lead you here - so I can't take any credit for that.

And while you sound like you may be a liberal or at least a Democrat, I won't even have to check your primary source to believe you. I'm going to take you at your word because by what you've written you seem to be a little if not fairly educated and actually capable of using the education you've received.

There is just one major problem with your effort to encourage me to "be informed" - let's assumed every single thing you said was the truth or better put, factual. Then you're not following the logic all the way through.

Why then, WOULD he choose such a room in the White House when he could have his pick of any room, anywhere in the U.S. for that matter, to hold an official press conference?

Oh - I do have to correct you on the "gold curtain" thing - I was doing that mostly tongue in cheek. I do lean towards believing Mr. Obama is fully in support of Islamists and the rest of the Muslim world and is the opposite towards Israel. So there was some seriousness there. And I believe he probably chose that room quite possibly to send a "signal" to his pals. However, I really have no basis for that opinion - just a guess. But it's an "informed" guess.

Now - to your other point - perhaps you yourself should take a page from your own advice and become informed.

For such a "brilliant" President, SO smart - SUCH a genius in everything he does - why is it in his less than--- what two official press conferences??? - he didn't think -" Hmmmmm - if a U.S. flag isn't usually posted in this room - [now here's an idea born of genius] MAYBE SINCE THE AMERICAN PUBLIC THINKS I'M ANTI-AMERICAN I OUGHT TO PICK A ROOM I CAN PUT A FLAG IN."

YA THINK?!

Sorry - but let's keep following your logic. Mr. Obama - SUCH an historian, no less White House historian - also maybe should have considered HE'S THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He can have a dad gum U.S. Flag posted on the ceiling if he wanted! And let's get real here, since when does this man consider protocol no less historical protocol EVER?! Talk about someone who has probably never been in a library...

Seriously? This same "Protocol President" who bows to heads of state like he's licking their shoes - NOT Protocol. But WON'T bow to the Queen of England - PLUS has a wife who TOUCHES said Queen. NOT Protocol.

This same Protocol President who has Israeli heads of state visit him in the White House but WON'T have a photo taken with them, - NOT Protocol. But has ALL SORTS OF PHOTOS taken with every Arab he is CONSTANTLY inviting to the White House. Oh yeah - this dude ought to make "Protocol" his middle name!

Let's try to recall the FACT that many Americans have been accusing Mr. Obama of being a Socialist. So much so, our Thin Skinned POTUS took to the airwaves to MOCK those who did so and "assure" us he's no Socialist. YET - he then SUDDENLY gets this fantastic urge to BECOME MR. PROTOCOL and NOT have a U.S. Flag behind him in the ONE supposed room flags aren't flown when he gives his what -- SECOND -- official press conference?!? How much belief must one suspend to buy THAT one??

Very, very nice, well written and civil try. But if you hear that buzzer sounding, that's the WRONG ANSWER buzzer. Sorry - even IF he knew that this was the one place he really shouldn't use a U.S. Flag behind him (and I would bet my first and ONLY home he has NO CLUE), then I'll tell you this - he did that with an express purpose because he HATES the U.S. - just like his despicable "mentor" the "Reverend" Wright does.

My "informed" guess is - using your facts and even giving POTUS the benefit of the doubt - HE KNEW - He CHOSE that room with the gold looking curtains to CONTINUE to send a message to his Buds in the Middle East of the ARAB persuasion - "Not to worry, I hate the U.S. too - SEE - I'm not even flying Her flag when I speak to the world!"

Fine effort though!


unamedOp 6 years ago

Like I said, wasn't agreeing one way or the other. I don't care about the president. But after all the years I have served so far, and seeing this room first hand, I just don't want a room as special as the East Room to be tarnished for lack knowledge.

Again, I don't care about the political puppets, I will defend that room before I will defend a president.


Dani 6 years ago

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_OJv6-YCw

No flag for Bush either


megadeth profile image

megadeth 6 years ago from trolen

all of this over no flag we should get this worked up over the bank bailouys loss of jobs no unemployment bp oil spill the homeless the gen state of this nation


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

And UnamedOP - I was being too sarcastic with you - sorry about that. You've been extremely civil and polite and I'm sorry I wasn't be so. And I doubt my Hub could "tarnish" the historic East Room. But the point of my Hub still stands and the point - minus the sarcasm - definitely still stands. President Obama, a man accused of being an anti-American Socialist, accused of disliking our country and who was criticized for not wearing a flag on his lapel - a man we know full well is thin skinned, should have known better. He either should have dismissed protocol - we all know he's clueless in this area - and made a point of having a flag behind him during one of his few official press conferences. Either that, or he should have chosen another room. And while Mr. Obama may not have designed the room - my guess is he chose it to send a friendly little "wave" to his Muslim friends because of the lack of the U.S. flag and the colors used.

He's supposed to be such a genius - and he didn't realize that not having the American flag behind him during a press conference could be a problem? Especially given everything that has been said of him being a Socialist etc.? Either he's really, really stupid or he did so with a purpose. There really aren't any other answers. But thank you for your input - I appreciate your comments. And again, I'm sorry for my "tone."


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Dani - I watched the entire video. Unlike Mr. Obama, Mr. Bush obviously is smart enough to know Protocol - it appears this press conference was in the East Room. However - since it seems that history has apparently shown this room without the American flag, the real President of this country, the smarter one, the one who obviously loves this country WORE ONE ON HIS LAPEL. That's #1. #2 - Mr. Bush had numerous, countless even - press conferences and most every single one - he had an American flag very obviously behind him. Here- he wore it on his lapel. May I also note, there is no camera span that shows the entire room so we can't tell conclusively whether or not there is a flag present. But it doesn't matter - one is on his lapel.

Mr. Obama has two press conferences - and forgets about the flag? As I've said, either he's colossally stupid or he did this on purpose.

Nice try though!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

No Megadeath - it's not "all of this over a flag." Obviously this isn't life or death - it's just one of the many, many things that proves this President is in way, WAY over his head and isn't fit for the office. That's all. It's just an observation.


outdoorsguy profile image

outdoorsguy 6 years ago from Tenn

for those who dont know, the flag is a symbol of the country, it not only represents the union. but it represents our dedication to our country, it represents the blood that has been shed by Servicemen and women in defense of this country.

it represents Freedom, duty, honor and Courage. Its the symbol that Men have followed into battle and died protecting. It stands for the Liberty of every man women and child in this nation. it embodies all that we hold dear as a people.

Just remember the day, smoke eddying around the PIT. the world reduced to black and white from the dust of the Twin towers collapse. and then the splash of color, thru the smoke and dust, as The Patriots who struggled to save who they could raised the flag. Over the ruins. remember that feeling as you saw the flag on that day. the hope, the fierce pride that could not be humbled. the Sheer joy of Seeing the symbol of our nation flung defiantly at our enemys. a symbol in the rubble that we were still there.

That was the meaning. that emotion that tore at your heart and filled you with a pride you cant put into words.

SO why in the Hell cant our President stand proudly before the Flag of this country.

we now return to the regularly scheduled postings.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

BEAUTIFULLY said Outdoorsguy! Thank you so much for that answer. It was both beautiful and very funny at the same time! Great job!


The Shark profile image

The Shark 6 years ago from Hampton, NH

Why would one be shocked that this President would hold a press conference with no US flag present? Isn't this the same President that refused to put his hand over his heart during the reading of the Pledge of Allegence during the campaign? Isn't he the same President that apologized to almost every world leader for us being Americans? Isn't this the same leader that refers to us as "they" when talking about Americans while abroad,(at least 2x once in England and once in Turkey). Isn't this the same President that bemaoed the fact that the US is the only worls super power?

Isn't this the same President that is attempting to empower the Russians to their stature during the Cold War. He has reinstituded SALT talks and has agreed to destroy US missals. (Didn't we win the Cold War?) In addition he has cancelled the Costellation Rocket that was to take us back to the moon and est. a permanent moon base. Instead at the end of 2010 we will have no launch vehicle capable of taking an Ameerican into space. We will the pay Russia 35 to 50 millionn per seat to fly Americans aboard Russian rockets. (Didn't we win the space race?) Isn't this the same President that sent his sec't of the Treasury to beg the China to buy more of our debt, and he was sent home like a little school boy with a failure on his report card. Isn't this the same President that after N Korea sunk a S Korean ship sent his sec't of state where?? to N Korea? to S Korea? no to China to beg them to help. The sent her homme like a little school girl with a failure on her report card. The list goes on and on, so a press conference with no flag? We're just supposed to be grateful that he even bothered to have the press conference, that he took the time to address the little people, you know----the Americans that he is always apologizing to the world for us being us.

The Shark


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Indeed Shark! Thanks for stopping by!


Mark 6 years ago

CJV,

Every time someone posts additional facts, you change your line of fire. It's clear your writing comes from a belief that you formed before the facts. "He didn't put up flags, all others did!". "He choose the anti-american room!" "He didn't wear a flag-pin to compensate for the anti-american room!".

You are looking for ways to interpret the data that make Obama look bad. Not fair "reporting", not clear-thinking.

Mark.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

No - you're wrong Mark - I've been very clear. I'm not taking down a Hub just because I make a mistake. I made it very clear in the comments discussion that I believed the person who corrected me about the room. However, the point still stands - NO AMERICAN FLAG. That actually made my point stronger. If it was protocol NOT to have a flag, two things - 1. As President he could do whatever the heck he wanted and have a flag. 2. He could have compensated say for example as George Bush did - and wear one on his lapel. AND - the side note to that was the video the comment maker sent me the link to did NOT pan back maybe there WAS a flag, we never once saw that entire room. Regardless - when the camera was on W. - we saw the American Flag.

I also still stick with the premise - we know Obama is very thin skinned. IF he knew the protocol - although he's such an egg head I'm guessing he didn't - but regardless, he walks into that room, knowing the American people by a majority think he's a Socialist and antiamerican - and he SHOULD have thought - "Hmmm maybe I better have a U.S. Flag showing."

My thinking is CRYSTAL clear. He purposefully did NOT have an American flag - he devised it that way whether or not he knew the history of the room.

He has an agenda and it's the "Hate America" agenda. That's why he'll probably be a one-term President.

I've been in rooms where high ranking military officials have to make presentations or speeches. If they walk into the room and something isn't right - they make sure someone fixes it before the presentation. We could go with the other logical possibility then if you wish. Obama is a clueless idiot and didn't even notice. Your choice.


The Shark profile image

The Shark 6 years ago from Hampton, NH

Stick to your guns 123, the facts are stubborn, no flag. This is the same guy that stood and refused to put his hand over his heart at the reciting of the Pledge of Allegance during the campaign. There is a photo of the canidates, Clinton, Richardson etc all standing with hand over heart, except Obama. A guy that can't accept a pledge of allegance to the flag and he republic it stands for certainly has no love for that country. We'll remember in November when we vote.... He may be a lame duck President in just three months.

Shark


Hi-Jinks profile image

Hi-Jinks 6 years ago from Wisconsin

First, where is your American flag made. China? So what? Anyone can put up an American Flag. How about those Russians? Did they put up an American flag? They probably did to blend in. And guess what? You didn't spot that. You should have. You make a big deal about it. An American Sin.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Hi-Jinks - I honestly don't know what you're talking about. For me, your comments didn't make sense, but thanks for stopping by anyway and taking the time to write.


jtanez profile image

jtanez 6 years ago from New Zealand

I am not American but, ya know... what affects America affects the world. I like Obama, I think he's an amazing man with a good and genuine heart. I won't rant, because I don't want to seem as if I'm only posting this comment to irratate you or your followers, I just want it simply stated that this is where I stand... opinion-wise.

You have a very strong opinion. While I do not share your dislike for your President I just wanted to say thank you, this has been a pretty good read from top to bottom. It's a miserable Saturday afternoon here in my Country (NZ btw), and this has been the perfect read to remedy the boredom of being stuck inside all day, so thanks. I laughed, I got frustrated, I thought "what an idiot", I fell in love... with a few comments, and all of these emotions over a politically charged article. Who would've thought. American's are so passionate, and I like that. It may have been a bit overkill on the hate talk, but so what, that's your opinion.

I'm new to hubpages. I only just created an account before reading this article to get a feel for how things work on here. I was referred to your profile after reading an article about you, by Simone Smith. After reading this, I look forward to reading more of your "hubs" (I'm Facebook Generation... all this new lingo is so weird), in the future.

Thanks again.

(Consider yourself the recipient of my 'first ever anything' on hubpages.com)


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

jtanez - I'm honored by your attention to this Hub. And your reasonable opinion although different from mine - is a welcomed addition. Thanks for stopping by and giving this your attention. Please come back again any time!


The Shark profile image

The Shark 6 years ago from Hampton, NH

Jinks, for the record, the permanent American flag that flies at my house is mfg. by Valley Flag Co, made in the USA. I have one that lies across a mahogony chest, in my upsatirs hall. That flag is special, the first day it flew was 9/11/2000. Due to it's historic nature I only fly it now on 9/11 and 12/7.

As for the rest of your comments I would have to agree with CJ, it is nonsensical.

Shark


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Thanks for a "look" at your patriotic treatment of our treasured American flag Shark!


Caterino profile image

Caterino 6 years ago from Greenville South Carolina

When Obama stood at podiums with a counterfeit presidential seal "Office of the president elect", while Bush was President, and he said, "There can only be one president at a time." Obama's arrogance meant himself. Obama is anti American, anti constitution, and self absorbed. People who love the guy , even after what he has been doing, are still judging a man by his cover, not by his contents or lack of.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

I couldn't agree more Caterino! Thanks for stopping by and leaving us your thoughts!


Texas Lea 6 years ago

"We are the change we have been waiting for." I googled the exact words from RU blog and it took me to the page, where the 2nd one down is Barack Obama Quotes, and the above quote from my entry here, is the one it states as the quote. At any rate, this "man" is a Complete Disgrace and he and his Chicago Thugs et al, Ned to Be Thrown out on their collective A**es and Run Out On A Rail! Get Out November 2010 And Vote This Wanna Be The He** OUT Of The WH!


Texas Lea 6 years ago

> I think [since the Far Left are calling Responsible Republicans The Party Of

No] that the Repub. party should Use That Label as a Means To The End Of The

Current Administration/government we now have in place.

> Other words? Use Their[Dems] Words!

> They should use This as Their New Motto/Slogan: The Republican Party: The

Party Of No:

> 1} No New Taxes

> 2} No More Bailouts

> 3} No More Amnesty

> 4} No More Handouts No More Entitlements Especially to Illegal Aliens!

> 5} No More Career Politicians/ We Want Term Limits For All Including The

Supreme Court

> 6} No More Lobbyists Or Special Interest Groups

> 7} No More Big Labor Unions Support By Government

> 8} No More Politicians Being Rewarded For Bad Behavior

> 9} No More Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac

> 10} No More Unread 2K+ paged Bills Loaded w/Pork Crammed Down Americans'

Throats!

> We Are The New Republican Party and We Are The Party Of NO!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Tonight - on Fox News - August 3rd - I watched President Obama IN THIS SAME ROOM with a group of African young leaders. Guess what was behind Obama when he spoke? AN AMERICAN FLAG! The MOMENT I find a photo of this I'll write a Hub about it. He's pulling out the stops now - this room - supposedly SO historically flag-free badda bing gets an American flag as the President's poll numbers sink to a new low. Can't wait to write a Hub about this with the photos from that priceless meeting. As I've said before - he's the President, he can have an American flag in ANY room of the White House he wants! And thanks Texas Lea - for your comments as well!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Texas - write that in a Hub! GREAT stuff!


KFlippin profile image

KFlippin 6 years ago from Amazon

I'm surprised to see this conversation is still continuing. Looking at the comments since I last read this hub, it appears the whole issue of the flag at that press conference has been completely explained via the historical use of the East Room, and of course the videos I posted of all past press conferences that indicate this instance was the only one.

I'm glad to hear he had a flag in the East Room a few days back, it would indicate the flap from that originating email had an effect. Once you find that photo, you might have a comparing look at the press conference video that caused this ruckus and see if perhaps the camera just did not catch an American flag actually present and accounted for in the room - that would be interesting.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Actually - your videos didn't really prove anything and the answers have been provided here right in the comments as to why.

And given the photos with the complete wide pan - there were no American flags at that press conference - especially given all the videos of that press conference. Nor was a flag on his lapel. I'm afraid the premise of the Hub not only still stands but especially given the fact that NOW he had a flag present, front and center for the African youths - Mr. Obama pays no attention to the history of the room. So actually the fact he recently had an American flag in the room only bolsters my position/Hub.


KFlippin profile image

KFlippin 6 years ago from Amazon

Actually, the youtube (not mine) videos did very well establish that the press conference that started the email upon which this hub is premised was an isolated event.

The history given here of the East Room, which you have apparently considered valid enough not to rebut or research, would show that the norm is for that room to not regularly have a US flag.

A video pans, and the video of the press conf. showed no American flags present in the area it covered, as I pointed out some time ago, and that was the only public press conf. instance of this. As I suggested this evening, when you find photos of this gathering in the East Room from a few days back, it would be worthwhile to note where the flag was you noticed, and then watch the video of the press conference that started this email topic and see if it is conspicuously missing, that would be good detective work.

I'm glad he NOW has a flag present in the East Room for camera time, that would indicate someone somewhere in the White House does have a clue.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

In the video with the African leaders recently - the flag was front and center. Very obvious - we can only hope that NOW - as you state, someone in his administration has finally gotten a clue.

And according to the person who said they personally knew of the history of this room - actually - they said the flag was NEVER shown with only two exceptions:

"The East Room along with the East Wing Terrace were both built to stray away from the political side of life including their emblems.

There are only two reasons flags are ever to be flown in the East Room. The first, when honoring the body of a current president who has died. The second, is when the president holds a ceremony to honor living soldiers with the Medal Of Honor.

Other than that the East Room has no flags in it ever, and has been that way since Lincoln’s Body was on display after his assassination."

So actually - according to this comment and the one who made the comment - I suspect I know who they are and I do trust that they actually have not only personal experience in that room. But that they had numerous experiences in that room and know the history of it. Therefore - the flag is NEVER flown, only with two exceptions.

Well - that might possibly have explained the press conference - although while I believed the person leaving the comment - and didn't need to research their assertions - I still held my ground. The reason I did this was - as I repeat - then President Obama was stupid enough to hold the press conference in that room knowing full well he has been not only accused of anti-American behavior but also because he's been accused of being a socialist. Something we know he is thin-skinnned about as he has addressed this specific issue (being called a socialist). OR - if Mr. Obama isn't stupid, then having one of his very few press conferences ever in a room where the flag was historically "never" flown was an obvious message to enemies of the U.S. and a slight - once again - to the citizens of the United States - as in - another "apology" for the "evil" deeds of America.

THEN we see badda bing - he's got an American flag RIGHT in the center of the room recently.

So much for history - and as you said Kflippin - so much for "history" and Obama giving a flying fig for it. No less protocol.

And I don't want to keep dragging this out - but your videos did not satisfactorily at all make your point that you tried to make. You videos in no way proved that 1) flags weren't present in the rooms (ie. we couldn't see every angle of the room - no wide panning etc. and 2) showed impromptu types of press conferences which isn't the point of this Hug originally. President Obama didn't make a hasty press conference. This was a long-planned press conference. In every case - LIKE THAT - with past Presidents - a flag was present.

This has already been addressed and explained at length above and I'm not going to address this again here. You didn't prove anything contrary to anything I wrote in this Hub with your videos. End of that story. If you have newer points to make- you're welcome to do it. Otherwise, this part of the discussion is repetitive and I'm ending it. If you have some new points to make- they are welcome.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

As to your tiresome comments KFlippin that I won't-allow at this point. It's my Hub - of course I'm going to control the comments. Write your own Hub if you want to vent - but I'm not going to go over and over and over the same things with you when they have ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED HERE at least TWICE. Are you so special that you demand ALL the time to yourself as if I might not have a life and other things I'd rather do? Are you such a princess that I should drop the things in my life to repeatedly address the same things over and over here just because you wish it? Rhetorical. Stop acting like a spoiled brat. If you want to be repetitious and write the same things over and over again - do it on your own Hub. No one is forcing you to come here - least of all me.


KFlippin profile image

KFlippin 6 years ago from Amazon

Amusing and well done.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

I'll take that as a very tongue in cheek comment. You are always welcome KFlippin - but not to go over the same things repeatedly. OK? OK.


sally j. 6 years ago

Flag Shmag. Forget that. If you reall want to know what this traitor is doing - read a new book just out: CRIMES AGAINST LIBERTY BY David Limbaugh. Yeh yeh yeh,

don't build a case on who his brother is... David Limbaugh is an accomplished lawyer and author and is very well respected. His book is well documented with 100 pages of references to prove every point. READ IT.

Conservatives - this book will speak to your heart.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 6 years ago from Michigan Author

Thanks sally for your comments.


shirl Girl 5 years ago

He will be coming to the devastation in Joplin Sunday, I for one would not bother to cross the street to see this arrogant person with his fake sympathy, the last thing we need in Joplin is to have more time taken away from police looking for the loved ones that are still missing & not to have to be apart of the security to protect him.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 5 years ago from Michigan Author

I don't blame you shirl Girl. While he's drinking Irish Beer for a photo op in Ireland, you stand amid devastation. If George Bush did that - there would be screaming from every mainstream media outlet. The ONLY reason he's even stopping by - at great expense and sucking up of local resources is because he's on the campaign trail. If anyone thinks he gives one HOOT about Joplin and its people then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell them...

Thanks for your heart-felt comments and our prayers go to all those who have lost so much to these tornados.


Robert 5 years ago

So, I found this article after receiving an email making a similar sort of 'question' about our current president and his standings of patriotism or religion.

After doing a little research, I found a picture of our former president Bush (W.) in front of that same curtain. And in the picture there are no flags. And there are basketball players. He must be a sports obsessed Muslim anti-american running the country... oh, wait... that curtain is in one of the ball rooms of the White House. If you hunt for it, you can find a picture of Nixon playing piano in front of it....

So, maybe you should revise your article? Obama has screw'd our country enough, let's boo him for the things he does, not the things we imagine he does.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 5 years ago from Michigan Author

You provide no link - so your observations can't be verified Robert - #1. #2 Read this article/Hub again - I said this is the first time any President called a PRESS CONFERENCE without the American Flag present. Notice, Obama does it now - but he didn't then. In this Hub, at this date of the Hub, in the OFFICIAL PLANNED PRESS CONFERENCE Mr. Obama called, he is STILL the first President to omit the American Flag. I'm not writing here about impromptu press photo ops. Get your facts straight. I'm guessing that link you have of Mr. Bush and definitely the one you describe of Nixon were not PLANNED PRESS CONFERENCES DONE OFFICIALLY, PLANNED BY THE WHITE HOUSE.


pami62 5 years ago

I agree with you CJ,what I want to know is why is this treasonous anti-american potus still in the WH.It has been proved on several occassions that he has committed treason on several different ocassions,yet there he is.Why can he not be impeached,heck Clinton was almost impeached for for far less than what BHO has done,the very least being a muslim in the WH,andselling our country out from under us?


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 5 years ago from Michigan Author

I sure wish I had an answer for you pami!!! Thanks for your comments!


Lord o 4 years ago

Omg some of u r stupid"...


Tal 4 years ago

Pure unadulterated drivel and a pooling of ignorance par excellance. The whineing and obvious hatred and disrespect shown towards our President is shameful. This is especially true in light of the mess greeting him after his election.I am a veteran of combat in Korea and Vietnam and negativity had no place with us then, and, it should have no place now in light of the enormous problems in our world. You need to be supporting and praying for our President rather than acting like a bunch of vultures flying around looking for carrion to feed on.


metaphorical 4 years ago

Next time, you could really convince us of your patience and lack of jumping to conclusions by providing references to your claims. Please provide a source that no other president had ever held a press conference without a flag. A simple google shows how inaccurate your claim is with your holier-than-thou Reagan being among the guilty. http://bit.ly/FPRhm4


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 4 years ago from Michigan Author

Nice try metaphorical - let me tell you where you messed up on several levels. First - show me in THIS PARTICULAR PLANNED NEWS CONFERENCE where President Obama is wearing a flag on his lapel. He isn't. That was the point. This news conference was a pre-planneed (well in advance - plenty of time to get up those flags), news conference. So using your "reference" - term used loosely as your "reference" was a blog - show me in this news conference that I have cited here - the exact same one - where Obama is wearing a lapel pin that is a U.S. Flag. Prove it. He wasn't. He SUBSEQUENTLY has worn a lapel pin - which contradicts his OWN WORDS when running for President as he told the American public, he doesn't wear lapel pin flags. Shucks and geeze - he wouldn't even put a U.S. flag on his plane when he was running for President -- he took them OFF the planes provided for him and replaced it with that Hopey/Changy circle and his name with some red white and blue coloring - but he REMOVED the flag from the planes. So we KNOW - facts here - not only from his actions but from his own lips - he doesn't do flags. Since I wasn’t the only person who wrote about his LACK of any flag at the press conference I referenced here – he HAS worn a lapel pin. Which of course shows – once again – he has never been a man of his convictions. He’s simply a liar and opportunist and it has NOTHING to do with the color (or lack-thereof) of his skin. It’s about the state of his CHARACTER and THAT has NO color or ethnicity.

Secondly - in the article you referenced - it's so TYPICAL for it to mention racists when we criticize BHO. First of all - he's half WHITE - so that whole racist thing never really could stick to begin with because if I truly was a racist, then I'd have to half hate my OWN race if we follow the logic.

Thirdly – it is because liberals have a loser for a President who has practically no redeeming qualities no less intelligence that they must use the race card because they can’t possibly defend this man on any merits. So go ahead, keep using the race card (by referencing that article in your comment) and you can keep making an idiot out of yourself.

Lastly – the blog writer you referenced to “prove this Hub wrong” shows one shot of each President (never failing to mention they were “white” Presidents – duh – since President Obama is our FIRST black President – but thanks for pointing that out via the article – you liberals are such a pack of smarty pants!). Supposedly these photos lack showing the American flag.

In this PLANNED PRESS CONFERENCE referenced in this Hub – not impromptu ones – or emergency ones – planned way, way in advance, President Obama is the first U.S. President to not only NOT display an American flag, he’s the first NOT to wear one. I can pretty much guarantee that in every single photo (there are only three in your link that (a. there WAS a flag somewhere in that room – or b ) all three Presidents wore the flag on their lapel. Prove that there were NO flags anywhere in any of these rooms or that all three didn’t wear a lapel flag (one photo of each of those press conferences and no way to see the lapel of each President is hardly proof) and then you will have a good case. Otherwise, just go back to your petty name-calling and race card throwing (via stupid liberal bloggers) because it’s worked so well for you so far.


BunnyOlesen 4 years ago

BECAUSE he is a HORRIBLE PERSON and ANTI-AMERICAN, I have never been so offended by a politician in my life. The man is supposed to be OUR LEADER and behaves like he is ashamed of everything american! His STUPID wife talking about "the first time I have been proud to be an American" SCREW you lady and as far as I'm concerned this con man can burn in hell.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 4 years ago from Michigan Author

Gee Bunny why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel?? LOL


ryanov profile image

ryanov 3 years ago from Newark, New Jersey

This may be the stupidest thing I've read to date, and that's saying a lot in 2013. Seriously? There's no flag behind him? There are actual real issues going on in the world and instead we're trying to find out whether he's Mr. America enough. I don't care if he's got French flag underpants if he's doing a good job (which I would say that he isn't, necessarily, but I'm sure for completely opposite reasons than the original author). Seriously, grow up.


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 3 years ago from Michigan Author

First of all, this Hub was written in 2010. However it wasn't your fault, this was not indicated on the Hub anywhere. I have since corrected this. At the time it was written, we had not suffered under two terrorist attacks during Obama's administration. You are correct, there are very grave things to worry about since he became President and in retrospect, this was a minimal problem. However as were so many things with this horrible, destructive President, it was a clear indicator of his character and his disregard for the very country he attempts to rule. It should be noted that many of us forewarned this country about the dangers of this President and his socialist agenda - this was merely one of the many "tells" and at the time was worth noting.


gmwilliams profile image

gmwilliams 3 years ago from the Greatest City In The World-New York City, New York

President Obama is clearly anti-American. He has an agenda that will make America into a new, socialist state. He indicated that the American Constitution is flawed and is more befitting to colonial times. Yes, he is indeed treasonous. However, many Lieberals go along with Obama, thinking that he is THE PRESIDENT of the year, if not the millenium. However, what is in the White House is very dangerous indeed. BEWARE! He cares not an iota for the American people. He sees the American people as vessels to bend to his will; however, many who voted for him are too gullible to realize this!


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 3 years ago from Michigan Author

Very true and thanks for leaving your comments.


grandmachecker 2 years ago

The flag is to Obama's left. In the expanded view of the picture of the East Room you see it. cnn.com2011/10/10 has a good view. Also, Aug. 9, 2009.

And this photo you posted is 4 years old!

.


grandmachecker 2 years ago

See President Bush with no flag in front of yellow curtains...2004/03

youtube.com/#/watch?v=LnFf7s45wsc


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 2 years ago from Michigan Author

Grandmachecker - this blog is three years old. And there was no flag. And no President ever had a PLANNED televised event without a flag either on their lapel or behind them or next to them. Obama was the first. He also won't salute the flag (photos of him just standing there like an oaf) SINCE then he has, but at this time - he was open about his hatred for America and England for that matter (check the facts about him sending a bust back to England -- a gift when he became President - a very tackless insult to our allied partners).


cjv123 profile image

cjv123 2 years ago from Michigan Author

Listen, I don't lie. I'm not going to allow your comments. At the time of the writing of this Hub - please be very sure you're understanding this point - at that time - everything I've said here is true. Since this Hub was written - Mr. Obama has placed his hand over his heart etc. to "honor" our country's flag. However, up to this point there is a famous photo where he just stood there, I've seen it. Everyone else saluted the flag, he would not. It wasn't a doctored photo - he was just standing on a stage with everyone else saluting the flag/anthem (what difference does it make, HE'S THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF, he SHOULD salute during the anthem --it is a sign of disrespect) with a hand over his heart, but he was not. That is no lie - that is a fact. Since then - he has put his hand over his heart etc. in public. At the time of this Hub - with THIS planned teleconference - there wasn't a flag in that room - anywhere. He had no lapel flag on his person and he was the first President with a PLANNED event who didn't do that EVER. Fact. Do you see all the comments here? Not a single person has been able to prove otherwise - and this Hub is over three years old. Now - you COULD say it just shows the incompetence of his entire administration and not exactly a snub to our country. Fine. Either way he's a President incapable of uttering an intelligent word without a teleprompter. When he goes off teleprompter we see how unintelligent he REALLY is - he says he visited 53 states, "corpseman", (and that was even WITH a teleprompter), Austrians speaking Austrian, the private sector is doing fine, if you've got a business you didn't build that, his gaffes are notorious unless he's scripted. Due to the fact he isn't nearly as smart as any President before him - he has selected a completely incompetent staff as well. So since he doesn't set up the room - his anti-American staff probably omitted the flag on purpose. If you research - you will see however, he received a lot of flak for this and thereafter - he has always had a flag near him or behind him and for that I will give him the credit as I imagine he told his staff to make sure one was always present. At the time this Hub was written - the facts still stand as TRUE. He has had other events in that same room with a flag SINCE but not at the time of this particular planned press event and not in that room and that's what this Hub was about. Sorry grandmachecker. You are wrong.

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites.


    Click to Rate This Article
    working