The Casey Anthony Trial- My Two Cents
I remember three years ago when all of this first started and it was all over the news. WHERE IS CAYLEE?? The little girl that was missing and the frantic grandparents, the confusion and the arrogance of Casey Anthony as she sat behind bars and spoke on the phone to her parents and talked to them like they were dogs. The only ones in the world that were by her side. How she had lied to everyone and swore that a nanny called "Zanny" was the one who she had last left her little girl with before she had gone missing. Casey Anthony lied time after time.. but never once told the truth about what happened to little Caylee. After weaving this huge web of lies, it finally came out there was no Zanny, and then Casey's car turned up smelling like a dead body had been in the trunk along with stains. Eventually the baby turned up right down the street from the Anthony home, in a trash bag, decomposing with duct tape wrapped around her skull- proving her mouth had been taped shut and of course Casey was arrested and has been in jail awaiting trial. All this happened three years ago and I hardly heard anything else until here recently. The trial has now begun in Orlando which is in Orange County Florida. The past few days I've tuned in and am APPALLED to hear what the defense alleged in their opening statement.
Casey Anthony is NOW claiming that Caylee Anthony drowned in the pool in her parents back yard and that her dad, George Anthony not only knew about his granddaughter's death but covered up the accident. Not only that but she is alleging that the reason she is such a liar and told all of the lies about the whereabouts of Caylee when she came up missing is because her dad George Anthony molested her when younger and not only her dad molested her but also is alleging her older brother Lee Anthony attempted molestation as well.
The only thing that is going through my mind right now is the utter PAIN and AGONY George and Cindy Anthony must be going through and have continually gone through over the past three years. Not only did they lose their precious grand daughter without any explanation of what happened to her, George is now being accused of molesting his daughter and having a hand in the death of Caylee, his precious granddaughter. I feel deep sadness and grief for George and Cindy Anthony and for the brother Lee as well.
But despite everything that has happened, the parents reportedly do not wish for Casey to receive the death penalty which as of now she is still eligible. Which I do understand. I mean, no matter how we see Casey, she is still their daughter and that is a very strong bond that can't be ignored. Having my own children, I certainly understand why they would not want to see her die by lethal injection. It is another reason why I feel so much grief for George and Cindy. The position that they are in right now, I would not wish on my worst enemy ever. What a living nightmare!
Further complicating the case is this Chrystal Holloway AKA River Cruiz, one of the volunteers that helped at the Anthony's with the search for their missing granddaughter, is alleging that she had a three month affair with George Anthony back in September 2008 a few months after Caylee was reported missing which he completely denies. Of course, the defense is trying to use this to their advantage.
There are really tons more details regarding all this but I would like to just share what I think from what I've learned about this story so far.
1. Casey Anthony was the last one seen with her daughter.
2. Casey Anthony is a liar and it's been proven over and over- Lied to law enforcement as they were trying to determine what happened to Caylee..Lied about working at Universal Studios, Lied about taking the baby toZenaida Gonzalezaka Zanny who she claimed took Caylee..It was later determined Casey did not know a Zenaida Gonzalez. There was a Zanaida Gonzalez in Orlando who was questioned but this woman did not know of Casey Anthony. She had never met her. Unfortunately, because of these allegations by Casey Anthony, Ms. Gonzalez was put thru the ringer and her life was greatly affected by being associated with Casey Anthony and this crime. In fact, she filed suit against Casey Anthony.
3. Casey Anthony's car was found at a Amco parking lot, then towed to a garage which was picked up by her father George Anthony. George Anthony being a 10 year veteren police investigator smelled the pungent odor of death coming from the trunk of the car yet when the trunk was opened it was empty except for a bag of trash which now three years later in court the defense is arguing it was the trash that caused the odor. Mr. Anthony to this day says it was the smell of "death" and his experience as an investigator on the police force those ten years tells me he knows what he is talking about.
4. Casey Anthony is out partying and even gets a tattoo during the time her daughter was supposedly missing. This is before the grandparents even knew about Caylee missing. In fact, Cindy, Casey's mother, finally had to go to Casey's friends house and confront Casey about the whereabouts of Caylee and only THEN did Casey tell her that she had been missing for the past 31 days. So instead of going to her parents and telling them the DAY Caylee went missing or going to the police, Casey kept partying and acting like nothing was wrong... in fact, when asked where Caylee was she would give all different excuses to different people. Oh, she's at the beach or she's with so and so. NEVER did she say her daughter was missing. 31 days later, Caylee's grandmother Cindy had to DRAG it out of Casey and even then Casey lies... trying to say the Nanny named Zanny took her.
5. On top of all of this, Roy Kronk, a meter reader ran across what he thought to be a skull and called the police for three days in a row but law enforcement failed to investigate properly and then again the same meter reader goes into the woods which was previously under water in many places and actually runs onto the skull. This time law enforcement came and Caylee was discovered. It does seem odd about Roy Kronk and that he kept calling and no one would listen and then again months later he reports it again but I think something inside the man just kept telling him that there was something in those woods and he couldn't blow it off... some people say he wanted reward money and maybe that was it... maybe he KNEW because of what he saw but noone would believe him... They wouldn't listen to him the first time so what was he to do?? Maybe the only thing he could do was go back when he could actually get into the woods.. maybe no one wanted to mess with it because the woods were so dense and underwater but he knew what he saw and he was going to make it known to law enforcement one way or the other.. whether it had to do with money or it didn't. I think the man had nothing to do with Caylee's death or any cover up and I feel he's really been thrown under the bus as defense is trying to make it seem as though he had something to do with hiding Caylee's remains. I mean, seriously?
This story is complicated and those of you who have been following it understand.. It's just so sad and such a tragedy. I can't get it out of my head that Casey admitted to drugging Caylee while she went out to party with her friends. Where did she leave Caylee as she was passed out? In the trunk of her car? Then there is the sickening thought of Casey driving around with her little girl dead in the trunk of her car. I guess we will never know what happened to that baby.
As I end this hub on July 4th 2011, the jury is deliberating and will sometime in the near future decide what will happen to Casey Anthony. I can't help but feel goosebumps that this incredible decision started on this day- Independence Day. The day we celebrate freedom.. and poor little Caylee whose life was ripped away from her and will never again celebrate Independence Day. I can't tell you how sad I feel for George, Cindy and Lee Anthony who have not only lost precious Caylee but also the horrible lies and allegations made by Casey Anthony towards her own family. Aside from all of that they are now at a time where they fear losing their own daughter who could be put to death. WHAT a nightmare! When this trial is finished and as days pass I hope and pray the Anthony's can move on as best as they can and finally have some much deserved peace.
UPDATE: Casey Anthony found NOT guilty
Can this really be? Did I really just hear what I thought I did? Casey Anthony was found NOT guilty. Is this a nightmare? IS my mind playing tricks on me.. maybe I really am asleep and I'll wake up later and think whew. ..Well, unfortunately, my mind was not playing tricks on me and I did in fact, hear correctly. Casey Anthony is found NOT GUILTY on all counts except for lying to law enforcement. I am absolutely ENRAGED that this woman has NOT been held accountable for (in the least) NOT reporting her daughter missing for 31 days. Is THAT NOT child abuse in itself? I'm emotional right now so bear with me. ... I've let this get to me far too much I guess and I'm physically sick about it. It's just that I have a little boy who is 3 years old that I love and could never comprehend doing to him what it has been PROVEN this woman had done to her child. It is an injustice she has been found not guilty but it is truly disgusting that she was not even held accountable for the aggravated child abuse charge. Absolutely DISGUSTING.
So this is how it is in this country.. This is what it has come to? A woman can go out and party, getting tatoos and whatever else she did KNOWING her child is dead or in the very least MISSING and NOT be held accountable for waiting 31 days to even report the child missing? It was 31 days ONLY because the child's grandmother demanded to know where the child was only THEN did Casey Anthony say the child had been missing for 31 days... otherwise it would have been even LONGER than 31 days. THIS is OUTRAGEOUS!
The only thing I have left to say is God bless Caylee Anthony and may this little girl rest in peace. Casey Anthony may YOU reap what you have sown. You are certainly the LAST person I would ever want to be right now. You would have been more protected behind bars as I'm pretty sure you are the most hated woman in the the WORLD right now. You want the facts. THOSE are some facts for you, Casey. Good luck.
Update 10/2012- It's been a a while since this all happened but I still feel the same as I did when I wrote this. I don't want to update anything new that might be happening with the monster who most likely committed this crime and who is still walking free.
More by this Author
This is a simple and easy tutorial on how to make cinnamon and clove scented pine cones for the holidays. I was very excited to do this because I know that pine cones are always popular around this time of year and the...
For a very long time now, I have kept my feelings bottled up and never truly expressed exactly how I feel about the way the media has been portraying women for the last several decades in our society. I guess it's time...
This vintage button guide contains valuable information about different types of vintage buttons including how to test them to see what they are made from. Also, learn how to safely clean and care for vintage and...