The Great Uniter Or Divider?
I remember well how giddy the Lame Stream Media and the koolaid crowd was when Obama was elected in 2008. They had bought into that "hope and change" thing hook, line and sinker. But this is now and many aren't so giddy anymore. Then I hear, "You're not giving him a chance." Really? Going on 4 years now and it isn't looking good for the "hope and change" crowd The problem with those two words is that they are only two words, in his case empty ones. So while I watch the attack dogs go through their routines in the Republican primaries, I will continue to concentrate on Obama and his failed policies and how empty his rhetoric really is. He initially promised to "heal the planet" if my memory serves me well which was an instant "pop up" on just how narcissistic the man really is. So lets see what he said once again back when.
Good Grief! People Actually Bought Into That?
Humility? Obama? Then the statement about his limitations make it even more hilarious. The oceans will recede and he thinks he can heal the planet. That's humility? Is anyone really paying attention to the words that come out of his mouth and comparing them to reality? I know I do. So lets take a look at where we are as a country going on four years of his stewardship. He can't run on his record so his tactic this time around won't be on "uniting" this nation but on waging class warfare and pitting Americans against each other. He started that early on if you've been paying attention and some I see have now bought into that hook, line and sinker.
A stroll through his accomplishments, or lack thereof, vividly puts on display why he can't run on his record so lets take a look at the havoc he has wrought. This isn't going to be pretty but needs to be outlined for those who still believe the "Change We Can Believe In" signs that they liked to wave back then. Since this is "About The Economy Stupid," I will put the spotlight on that area because the economy is in dismal shape even though he said he could fix it in three years or it would be a one term proposition.
The focus will be on where we were on Inauguration Day and where we are right now. Brace yourselves.
1) He started out with unemployed Americans sitting at 12 million and it has risen to 13.1 million even with all the smoke and mirrors jobs he created and saved. That's a net loss of 1.1 million jobs, The unemployment rate was 7.5% and now sits at the smoke and mirrors figure of 8.5%. Do the math. This is despite his wasteful stimulus plan that would ensure that rate never went above 8%. Remember all those shovel ready projects?
2) Then there is the deal with gas prices. He inherited gas at $1.85 per gallon and depending where you live right now the average is $3.39. So how do we measure his energy success besides watching as his "green" companies go belly up one after another? Fuel prices only increased by a mere 83% since he took office, but we're going to become Brazil's best customer.
3) He's increased the federal deficit by 43% since he took office. What do we have to show for that? Look above and then continue to read. The deficit stood at 10.6 trillion when he sat in that chair and is now sitting at 15 plus trillion and counting as the Democratically controlled Senate can't seem to pass a budget in over 1,000 days. He failed to mention this in his SOTU address this year.
4) Then there is Obamacare, not very popular with the majority of folks, which we were told was going to cause premiums to go down and make it more affordable. Here's the real skinny. Worker insurance costs have risen from $3,354 to $4,129 which is a mere 23% increase. How affordable can it get? It will get worse before it ever gets any better.
5) The debt that every man, woman and child owes to pay for all of his nonsense has risen from $34,731 to $48,669 per head of sheeple. Do the math then ask yourself if you're prepared to stroke that check.
6) Home values have decreased in value from the average of $169,700 to $147,800. That's only a 13% decrease in the biggest investment any of us ever make. Had an appraisal on your place done lately?
7) The Misery Index has risen from 7.8 to 11.9 but his economic recovery efforts have born the fruits of our misery.
8) Under the guidance of The Food Stamp President the number of Americans on funny money has risen from 32 million Americans to 46 million. That's only an insignificant rise of 45%, isn't that right Obama.
9) It naturally follows that the poverty level has increased from 39.8 million to 46.2 million due to his failed policies and efforts to make more people dependent on the federal government. That's the Democratic Party way. They have those folks right where they want them - in the Nanny State where they can be controlled through the ballot box.
10) For those of you who still have children in college you watched tuition costs rise from $6,591 to $8,244 a year on average. Things are looking good again huh? But Obama just said in his SOTU that he is going to fix that. Please. Spare us your fixes Obama. They always have the opposite effect.
11) Oh and did I mention that our Global Competitiveness Rate has declined from being 1st to 5th? Wait a minute here. I just heard him say how respected the nation is now around the world because of his stewardship.
My fellow Hubber - BPOP - does a weekly PIP/POP Awards ceremony which I thoroughly enjoy if you've never attended then you may want to check her out. But today I wish to make a special award that is much deserved to President Obama. It's named the Obie Award and is justifiably named after the recipient. President Obama - front and center as we call it in the military. This one's for you.
How about a round of applause?
So for all you "hopers and changers" this is what you asked for. In the meantime, those of us who knew better in the first place have had to suffer through three plus years of Obama's teleprompter opening its pie hole and spieling forth nonsense that he wants you to continue to slurp up.
I saw a great bumper sticker the other day. Here's what it said:
GET HOPE - FIRE OBAMA
Now that's a needed change I can believe in. Four more years of this guy and those stats above will be even graver than they already are. But on the bright side, according to Obama we're not in a recession. Since when?
Here's one person's definition of empty rhetoric I can see in the inaction of Obama, and I quote:
"consists essentially of hollow promises-words uttered without any attempt to take the actions necessary to back them up."
The Frog Prince
My Sentiments Exactly
More by this Author
Ineptocracy is the new system of government that Obama-Biden ushered in. It is a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society...