The Painful Sequester That Is Coming
Unless Congress can come to some sort of agreement by mid-March, 2013, America will have to endure some deep shock therapy in budget cuts. It won't happen all at once, but it will for the remainder of 2013, some $85 billion will be cut. About the only thing that will spared is Social Security. All other programs will be cut and will cost the US one million jobs. That is to the already 2 million lost.
Here are some staggering slashes:
- 2100 fewer food inspections at processing plants
- 4000 FAA workers furloughed daily causing flight delays
- 70,000 kids would lose Head Start
- 14000 teachers could lose their job
- 125,000 families may become instantly homeless because their rental assistance has ended
- 373,000 mentally retarded adults and disturbed kids would lose their treatment
- 600,000 women and children would lose nutrition aid
- 2600 fewer criminal and civil cases would be handled because of staff reductions
- 251,000 civilians employed for the Army furloughed for 22 days
- $3 billion lost for the military's health insurance program for retirees and dependents
- 25 USN ships would not be repaired
- 470 aircraft would not be repaired
- Border patrol would reduce work hours by 5000
- $900 million cut from nuclear security programs
- Every FBI employee will be furloughed nearly three weeks, over $500 million will be cut
- Federal prisons will suffer a $338 million loss and each of its 37,000 workers will be furloughed for two weeks
- The CDC will lose $350 million
- The USN will shut down four air wings and two carriers will not be able to deploy
- USAF pilots will lose more than 200,000 flying hours as operations stop
If the sequester happens, 2013 will be a bad year.
More by this Author
Could you report an illegal?
The fool of a candidate is fun to watch.
The K1 visa is also known as the Fiance visa and it is how many foreigners are able to come to the USA and marry an American.