The Top Ten Reasons Why Presidents Day Should NOT be a holiday!
10. There are only a few living ex presidents and they don’t need a day off because they are rich and already get lots of days off.
09. Mail service stops and people will notice that a holiday is pretty much like any other day with the U.S.postal service. At the supermarket when there's more than three people in line, they open a new register. At the post office when there's more than 30 people in line...the postal clerk goes to lunch!
08. Lincoln’s got his mug on the penny and Washington is on the dollar, isn’t that enough for them?
07. Henry Ford did more for the country that most Presidents why doesn’t he get a day?
06. There’s no good President’s day songs. Christmas has almost all the good ones
05. You don’t get any presents.
04. It’s bad for the greeting card business…nobody buys P Day Cards.
03. It’s in February…'whatcha gonna do' on Feb 20th anyway?
02. There’s no football games on…..we might as well be at work!
01. THE NUMBER ONE REASON PRESIDENTS DAY SHOULD NOT BE A HOLIDAY....is stated by EMPLOYERS, who say....
"It’s a poor excuse to pick a man’s pocket every third Monday of February."
Should we get rid of Presidents Day and go back to having separate days for Lincoln and Washington?See results without voting
Here's the Real Reason!
The justification for eliminating Presidents Day is that it does not exist!
The holiday is still on the Federal Government's books as George Washington's birthday.
You could look it up!
In the 1960s, some states had both Washington's birthday and Lincoln's birthday as holidays.
I'm guessing that there might have been some pushback from the South about making Lincoln's birthday an official national celebration.
There was no opposition, however, to Washington's birthday.
Around 1970, several holidays were changed to Mondays to give people a long weekend,
Somebody came up with the idea of rebranding Washington's Birthday as Presidents Day.
It appears as though the media has fully accepted this, even if some fans of President Lincoln have not.
What do you think?
More by this Author
Update on eerie creature sightings and the film and TV documentaries about haunted New England
How would JFK do in a figurative boxing match with his arch political foe, Richard M. Nixon. Read on to find out..........................
From humble beginnings in Northern Maine, Dick Curlesss rose to the top of the Nashville heap with the truckin' classic "Tombstone Every Mile".