Torture Video showing Police Brutality in the Philippines shocked the World!
It's all over the news
It’s all over in the news. I watched the initial reports last August 17, 2010 (Tuesday night) that made the headline in ABS-CBN Channel 2 News program “TV Patrol“. The viral video on the suspected robber and the police authority torturing the former who’s nude wherein his penis was tied in a rope being yanked by the policeman , identified as Senior Inspector Joselito Binayug while beating the suspect and 10 other policemen watched draw negative reactions from the social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. (Note: The 11 police officers were immediately suspended by Metro Manila police chief Leocadio Santiago.)
This is the most shocking video of torture that surfaced on Philippine television of which the involved authority is considered to be the vanguard of peace and order. It is a clear evidence of police brutality.
Because of this, the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) in the country issued a thorough investigation regarding the incident. The cellular phone video was presented by the witness (name withheld for security reason) to the ABS-CBN Channel 2 news reporter. The witness cannot surface for fear of being killed by the rogue group of policemen in Metro Manila.
The cruelty of the involved group of policemen is a clear violation of the Republic Act (R.A.) 9745 or Anti-Torture Act of 2003. If those policemen are convicted, they will be punished to be jailed for 12 years or if the victim died, they will serve a sentence of life imprisonment.
CHR Commissioner Coco Quisumbing, when she watched the viral video, said that it was very disturbing. The video is the most tangible evidence that will convict and persecute the police authorities who committed the human rights violation.
CHR Lawyer Eric Mallonga said that the barbaric act of those involved policemen that led to serious physical injury and death of the victim is a clear evidence of heinous crime committed by police enforcers.
The government’s reaction made by President Benigno Aquino III or P-Noy was that “torture is not a government’s policy”. So, people are expecting that those policemen are going to the “due process of law” and be jailed for the crime they’ve committed.
Penis Torture done by Policeman c/o PnoyWatcher
Torture created this world of chaos
Torture is part of man's existence in order to survive and be declared supreme among his dominion. Admit it, that part of our mind has a dark streak that can result to torturing others when provoked or be insulted repeatedly.
Torture can be mentally or physically done by abusing the rights of the victim being punished.
Most of us have read history books. Can you imagine that the existence of dynasty, monarchy, communism, fascism and other forms of government committed torture to the lower ranks of the society, especially to those accused by crimes?
I'm sure, most of us will hate Germans who tortured many Jew believers during the Nazism period of Adolf Hitler. Much more, the Chinese communist leaders approve of inflicting torture to prisoners in order to solve a crime or made the victims admit of the accusations being hurled at them. How about police interrogation and investigation being conducted by well-known intelligence groups, like the British, Americans ( as in CIA) or Russians (KGB).
In search of peace, many wars were executed just to attain that elusive thing. World War I, World War II, Gulf War I and Gulf War II. Civil wars, terrorism and insurgency problems around the world have evidences of torture acts to oppressed people.
Sentiments of anti-isms spread as we witness torture acts, or even seen in photos. Maybe, one of the groups will have an anti-police sentiment or even anti-Muslim, anti-Christian or any other forms of hate and apathy that will spring in our world because of torture insidents.
One noted incidents happened in the occupation of Allied forces (American soldiers, British, etc.) in Iraq. Remember the torture incidents at Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad? Even US President Mubarak Obama don't want to release the photos publicly. Dateline of SBS-Australia braved to show some in their program in 2006.
With the existence of good and evil thoughts, man will continue commit such acts in order to be declared superior from others, be it physically or mentally.
Just ignoring someone is a mental torture. I think, I committed one of these lesser acts of torture, but to hurt someone repeatedly, physically? No! It's a clear violation to one of the Ten Commandments of God.
I'm sure, if all of us are God-fearing, no one will commit such heinous acts.
Psychology & Military Torture feat. Dr. John Breeding c/o psychetruth
Maybe, you committed one of these acts of Torture...check it out!
Psychological torture methods
- Blackmailing - When you committed an explicit affair and someone photographed your illicit act, then asked for money to hide the evidence...that's a clear act of blackmail.
- Shaming and public humiliation, being stripped or displayed naked, public condemnation
- Shunning - isolating you from the rest of the world.
- Exploitation of phobias; e.g., mock execution, leaving arachnophobes in a room full of spiders
- Being subjected to interrogation for long periods - often done by police authorities to
- Sleep deprivation - Imagine being awake all day, all night...that's a clear torture.
- Solitary confinement - often done to prisoners at maximum prison.
- Sensory deprivation - I think it is done with the use of 'numbing' drugs to keep you unaware of your 5 senses.
- Threat of permanent, severe disfigurement.
- Pharmacological torture - Maybe if you're in a medication...e.g. you have asthma, then they deprive you of it.
- Threatening to hurt or kill the victim's loved ones - Your torturer plays with your emotional attachment to your family.
Physical torture methods
- Abacination - is a form of corporal punishment or torture, in which the victim is
blinded by having a red hot metal plate held before their eyes.
- Beatings and physical violence - The most frequent of torture acts.
- Blinding with light - High-intensity light being used to blind your eyes forcibly opened by torturers.
- Bone breaking
- Chinese water torture - is the popular name for a method of water torture in which water is slowly dripped onto a person's forehead, allegedly driving the restrained victim insane.
- Electric shock torture
- Flagellation - or flogging is the act of methodically beating or whipping (Latin flagellum, "whip") the human body, just like what happened to Christ. It is a Roman punishment not of Jewish origin.
- Flaying - removal of skin from the body
- Foot roasting
- Foot whipping
- Garrotting - an old method used in Spain, including colonized nations, that involved iron collar to strangle the victim.
- Genital mutilation/forced circumcision
- Glasgow smile -also known as a Glasgow grin, Anna grin, Chelsea grin or Chelsea smile) is a nickname for the result of cutting a victim's face from the edges of the mouth to the ears
- Oxygen deprivation
- Picquet - (alternately spelled piquet) was a military punishment in vogue in late medieval Europe that was sufficiently cruel and ingenious to be characterized by some as a method of torture.
- Pitchcapping - devised by British forces in 18th century Ireland which was widely used against suspected rebels during the period of the 1798 Rebellion.
- Pressure points
- Rat torture
- Riding the Rail
- Sexual assault
- Scaphism - also known as the boats, was an ancient Persian method of execution designed to inflict torturous death.
- Sleep deprivation
- Sound (extremely high volumes, dynamic range, low frequency, high pitched noise, intended to interfere with rest, cognition and concentration).
- Strappado/squassation (also known as "reverse hanging" and "Palestinian hanging")
- Stress positions
- Ta'liq- hanging from a metal bar.
- Tarring and feathering
- Tickle torture
- Tooth extraction
- Water cure - a form of torture in which a person is forced to drink large quantities of water.
- Waterboarding - consists of immobilizing the subject on his/her back with the head inclined downwards; water is then poured over the face into breathing passages, thus triggering the mammalian diving reflex causing the captive to experience the sensations of drowning.
I don't have to research the description of other methods because the name already suggests its meaning.
As our technology advances, more and more method of modern torture are being introduced by insane, maniacal individuals who attain satisfaction by hurting others.
Police torture video in Mexico c/o AssociatedPress
More on Police Brutality
- Police Brutality
Police brutality is wrong and the officers should go to jail but they get suspended and they cry about that. Officer that beat people should be kick off the force because they don't have any respect for anyone...
- Racial Discrimination: A Cause Of Police Brutality
Police brutality occurs for a number of reasons: the most common is racial discrimination. 89% of the people who died in NYPD custody between the years 1990 and 1994 were African American or Hispanic (Elisha, Joshua & Zenobia, 2010). Some example
- Our Friends--the Men in Blue--Police Brutality and M...
Cop Slams Bicyclist to the Ground in Times Square NYC policeman slams a bicyclist to the ground in Times Square and charges him with attempted assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Fortunately a...
More by this Author
Achievements of President Benigno S. Aquino III are impressive. I even participated , as one of the casual employees in our town, conducting surveys for the CBMS (Community-Based Monitoring System) before the launching...
Last summer of 2013, I braved to make a bamboo basket, with the help of an elderly, dubbed as the 'basket lady' in our barrio (county). Look what I've done. You can do it, too!