What Happened to Elisabeth Mandala?
Elisabeth Mandala was an 18 year old senior at Kempner High School, in Sugar Land, Texas.
The Ft. Bend County teen was pretty, popular (the prom queen type of popular), and only weeks away from her high school graduation.
She lived with her family in a home in Plantation Stables, she loved horses, and she had an active social life.
For all intents and purposes, it would seem that Elisabeth led the carefree and fun-filled life of an average high school teenager in the United States - above average even.
But, there was another side to Elisabeth Mandala, an adventurous side that would eventually lead her to a mysterious and violent death.
The tragic incident has caused speculation around the country, it has drawn the ire of internet commentators who could not possibly know the whole story, and it has left law enforcement officials to contend with yet another unsolved mystery and possible cold case.
At the heart of the tragic incident, there are her many friends and family members who are left to wonder, “What really happened to Elisabeth Mandala?”
A Double Life?
According to various news reports, Elisabeth Mandala lived somewhat of a double life.
In addition to her average high school teen lifestyle, she was an exotic dancer at a cabaret club in the nearby town of Pasedena, Texas.
According to the Houston Chronicle, the manager of the club stated that Mandala performed under the name “Lovely.”
The manager went on to state that “Lovely” was such a gigantic hit with the patrons who frequented the club, that her picture was actually featured in a guide to Houston-area nightlife.
Reportedly, no one who knew her had any idea of her adult entertainment activities.
However, this piece of information is under scrutiny because one report reflects that her mother told police that her daughter was a stripper.
Alleged Criminal Aspirations
Although she was involved with the National FFA Organization (Future Farmers of America), close family members have suggested that she was more interested in heading toward a different sort of “career path.”
According to an ABC News report, Elisabeth’s mother made the statement that her daughter had previously expressed an interest in becoming a coyote.
A “coyote” is a slang term for a person who smuggles illegal aliens across the U.S. Border.
The illegal human smuggling business, or “people smuggling” business that is closely related to human trafficking, and it has grown more sophisticated in recent years.
Advances in technology has helped them to streamline their operations, and make it easier to get illegal aliens across the border, harder for law enforcement officials to track,more lucrative for coyotes, and very attractive those who aspire to the “trade.”
Events Leading Up to The Tragedy:
- Elisabeth was last seen alive on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - she was leaving her mother’s home
- The following message was posted to her Facebook Page “im in mexico :) ill be back thursday.”
- Her mother reported Elisabeth missing around noon on Saturday, April 30, 2011
- Her mother stated that she was led to believe by her daughter, that she was headed off to Mexico to meet up with someone
- Later in the day, on Saturday, April 30, Mexican authorities found her body, along with two men, Dante Ruiz Siller, 38, and Luis Angel Estrella Mondragon, 44 .Their bodies were found in a crashed truck, in the small town of Mina
- At first, authorities believed she had been involved in an automobile accident, but it was later revealed that the accident was a badly staged attempt to hide three murders
- Dante Ruiz Siller was a merchant, and Estrella Mondragon was a cab driver, they were both carrying multiple fake IDs.
- Neither the police, the two men’s families, nor Elisabeth’s friends and family know why the three of them were together, and no one knows how they were acquainted.
- The U.S. Consulate continues to work with Mandela's family and Mexican authorities in the investigation.
Many people around the country speculate that she went to off to Mexico to learn the illegal immigrant smuggling business, because she was infatuated with fast money.
If this is true, we cannot blame her for her infatuation with money, we all know that society places high value on people who have a lot of money - and many of us share her infatuation.
Irresponsible comments about the nature of the Elisabeth’s untimely demise have been made by insensitive and ignorant people everywhere from local and national news blogs to white supremacist group forums.
Part of the reason I created this hub is because I find it reprehensible that so many people blame this young murder victim for the horrific crime that was perpetrated against her.
If she did set out to learn how to obtain fast-money from smuggling illegal aliens across the border, and if she did in fact, eventually commit or attempt to commit a crime… then ONLY U.S. and/or Mexican Law bore a duty to punish her.
Amidst the facts and the speculation, it is apparent that the young woman apparently got into a situation that far exceeded her capability to handle.
Notoriously, Mexican crimes are rarely solved.Therefore, we will most likely never know what actually happened to Elisabeth Mandala.
She was a kid who lost her way, and she certainly did not deserve to suffer a violent death.
Rest in peace, Elisabeth
A Friend's Video Tribute to the Memory of Elisabeth Mandala
- Sources -
- Houston Chronicle Online
A Sugar Land teenager and two men were found beaten to death while traveling in Mexico last weekend, according to Mexican police, newspaper reports and a letter sent home by her school principal to students' parents Monday. Elisabeth Mandala, 18, and
- True Crime Report - Elisabeth Mandala, High School Student Who Wanted to Smuggle Illegals,
UPDATE: Whoever killed Elisabeth tried to make it look as if she'd been in a car accident. But Mexican police believe she and two men had been beaten to death at least 10 hours before the crash was staged. See...
- CBS News - Elisabeth Mandala: New Pictures of Teen Murdered in Mexico - Crimesider - CBS News
Teen Stripper Beaten to Death, Wanted to Smuggle Immigrants, Say Police Read more by Edecio Martinez on CBS News' Crimesider.
- CBS News Story - Elisabeth Mandala Murdered in Mexico:
Reports Say High School Student was Stripper Trying to Get into Smuggling Illegal Aliens Read more by Carlin DeGuerin Miller on CBS News' Crimesider.
More by this Author
If you aren't old enough to remember, or aran't sure of exactly how President George W. Bush lied to America and shamed the whoule country, view this fact-based timeline & unravel his web of lies
On Christmas Eve in 1945, a house catches on fire. Five out of the nine children in the house completely vanished into thin air. Ten Years later, their mother receives a disturbing photograph...
Of all the low income housing programs, tax credit apartment, or income based apartments are the most hassle free. You will not find long waiting lists, and there are no lengthy application rituals like the ones...