Can We Live In A World Without Crime? Is It Possible? + Crime Statistics
How crime affects ALL of us every minute of every day
We all carry keys right? When was the last time you locked your home or car? Or in-putted passwords to stop someone from hacking into your accounts? Or the last time you had to keep an eye on your belongings such as your bag, phone, and of course, keys? Exactly! But that's nothing as to how crime has effected us.
We pay extra on a daily basis because of theft. As a result, prices are higher when we go shopping and insurance premiums inflate.
There are thousands of ways fraudsters and tricksters scam us, sometimes for years without us ever even knowing! - Friends, family, cleaners, the nanny and even strangers will steal our personal belongings. Some are milkers, stealing small amounts of money from our wallets and purses.
Workers stealing stock from retail shops where they work. Criminals ruining and even bankrupting businesses.
Being scammed or robbed can be devastating, especially when the loss of sentimental items are stolen, and when lives are lost or ruined by mindless criminals.
The Internet fraudsters who sit at home scamming us. They steal our identities. When shopping On-line, we need passwords, Anti-Virus and Spyware software and Firewalls. It's absurd, and all because of greedy criminals!
The fraudsters who will sell us fake, dangerous products without any care of people's health or safety just to line there never ending greedy pockets. Were not even able to touch items we want to buy from shops without them being removed from metal or glass cases. Having security tags removed from items because they are locked away like they were the Crown Jewels. Unfortunately, most people growing up these days won't know any different.
Terrorism - The World's Biggest Threat
Terrorists, aka cold blooded killers destroys lives on a daily basis. We are always being warned about the possible attacks that could happen at any time and anywhere. We cannot even fly to another country without security checks, intrusive X-Rays and searches - limits and restrictions as to what we can and cannot carry through customs - having our personal property searched when we enter certain public buildings is a crime in itself, that's why Police and the necessary resources are needed to combat the rise of terrorism and all other serious crimes until people can live a normal respectable crime free life.
Outrageous "UK" Crime Statistics - 2015 - Current cost of the UK crime alone.!
- Crime cost the retail industry £605 million pounds.
- Violent crime costs the economy 125 billion pounds a year.
- Murder cost the economy £1.3 billion.
- Theft cost the economy £4 billion pounds.
- Burglary cost the economy £6 billion pounds.
- Britain's military defence budget cost 63 billion pounds.
War - What Is It Good For?
What If There Were No More Crime?
In such a world, there would be no need for the Police, Army, Air force, Navy or any of the hundreds and thousands of establishments relating to war and crime * No need for security agencies like MI5, MI6 the FBI. No magistrates and Crown courts * Prisons or police stations, No security guards at our airports, business's and borders. No guns or weapons of any description.
If there was no crime: What would happen to....
- The 10 plus million people presently imprisoned worldwide in the thousands of prisons and related institutions.
- What would all the guards and personnels that work in them do?
- What would happen to the businesses and shops that sell security products and services? What about the manufacturers and the factories that produce concrete, locks, iron and steel for security purposes? Would they suffer?.
- What would happen to the employment figures, the economy? I think It's too impossible for anyone to comprehend.
Who is to blame for all the criminal behavior we see today?
- Is it the parents who lack discipline to blame, or does the responsibility lie with their children? Should schools and politicians take more of a responsibility?
- We've had crime and wars for centuries, so how did mankind become so unkind, and continue to do so? That's the million dollar question.
- What's the solution? Harsher sentences? Capitol punishment? Better education? More economic fairness? Or just more security!
- Could better sophisticated technology be used to deter crime before it even happens?
- Could scientists discover the part of the brain that is responsible for someone's badness and evil, and could the courts could authorise a surgeon to have it removed for persistent offenders? -could their DNA be rewired.
What is the answer? Is it really possible to live in a world without crime?
Criminal Nature - The Animals
It's not just humans that are dishonest. In the animal kingdom nature has many prolific criminals. Penguins, (video below) will steal knowing full well they are doing something wrong. The great Frigatebirds, and Gulls chases other sea birds and steal their food. Squirrels are extremely skilful and often steal seeds and nuts from their squirrel neighbours. Some species of monkeys use human like behaviour to steal anything and everything they can get their hands on.
John Lennon - Imagine
Imagine what the world would be like if everyone were law abiding citizens
If there were no thieves, no fraudsters, no sexual or violent attacks, no robbers, no terrorists, no murderers.........yes, That sounds magnificent.
Imagine a world where there are no assaults, neither physical nor verbal, neither sexual nor emotional. * What if there were a world where our kids could play freely and safely, the elderly and all those who are vulnerable would have nothing to fear * Imagine a world without greed where people could be content to work hard for a living without being so materialistic and always wanting bigger and better * A world without hate where there's only kindness and love, where children are well protected and where countries can get along, where there is no war, no poverty * A world where people don't have to suffer at the hand of the wicked, where there are no victims ever. No people dying unnecessarily, and where nature alone has the right to take a life. Imagine that!
If the majority of people and society can live a crime free life, why can't everyone!? Personally, I find it impossible to comprehend a world without crime but, if it were to come about, what a wonderful, beautiful and richer world this would be...right !?
Video: Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World
Would you like to bring back capital punishment?See results without voting
© 2012 compu-smart
More by this Author
With so many browsers on the market, it's hard to decide which is the best. After reading this article you will find all the answers and all browsers available to download for windows, Mac / Apple / ipad, android, and...
"Why do people dislike me" is a very common question some people ask themselves. This handy guide will reveal why people don't particularly like you for no other reasons than the ones listed below.
If you have discovered pills or tablets in your home, this article will enable you to learn everything you need to know about what the medication is you have found and not to be too worried about it.