Where to Launch a Boat at Clear Lake California
Clear Lake Perfect Boating Location
Launching a Boat at Clear Lake
There are many great locations to launch your boat at Clear Lake if you are going to Lake County for boating or fishing. It is free to launch, but you will need an inspection permit from the county to use your boat on the lake, which has a small fee and an inspection process of your boat. Clear Lake is known for its miles of tule and dock filled banks that are home to some of Northern California's best bass fishing. Clear Lake offers all of the best types of fish holding cover from deep rocks to shallow flooded sloughs with grass and docks all around. Clear Lake is set up to really cater to people that are going to the lake to enjoy the water with many great facilities for boat launching. No matter which direction you are coming in from or what side of the lake you are staying the night at there is a launch ramp nearby that will be perfect for getting your boat out into the water. Many of the shoreline properties also have there own private ramps for personal use or for their customers that are staying at their property.
Remember to have your boat clean and dry when you get to Clear Lake for the boat inspection.
The following is not all of the great places to launch at Clear Lake, but it is a few of the best places on the lake and give a good representation of the many choices available.
Clear Lake Boat Launching Locations
5th Street Ramp: From Main Street in the town of Lakeport, turn east on 5th Street and drive to the two-lane paved ramp.
Redbud Park South Launch Ramp
Lucerne Harbor County Park
Lakeside County Park
Konocti Vista Casino and Hotel
Clear Lake State Park
Clearlake Oaks Boat Launch
Clear Lake with Mount Konocti Behind
Places with Boat Launching Facilities
Not all ramps are the same, some are skinny, some have bad docks or not enough docks, some locations have excellent accommodations, and lodging, while others are just recommended for a single day use others are better for a week long fishing trip. Here is a few more details about launch locations from around Clear Lake, if you want to add any details place it in the comments.
These are in no particular order
1. 5th Street Launch Ramp is a nice solution if you are staying Lakeport. The ramp is large with several docks nearby. Lakeport can get busy during peak months, but is an easy to use ramp with decent parking. It is near all of the Lakeport hotels which might have a slip you can leave your boat in and just use 5th street to launch.
2. Clear Lake Redbud is a big boat launching facility in the south of the lake. There is a good tackle shop right near the ramp and there is a very large parking area with an adjacent park. Keep your car locked and put away the visible items anywhere around Clear Lake if you are launching and going to be gone all day.
3. Lucerne Harbor County Park is a nice small ramp with limited parking right in Lucerne. Grab a Foster Freeze after fishing and be happy you are in a place where there is a decent launch ramp only a few feet from the main road.
4. Lakeside County Park is in between Clear Lake State Park and Konocti Vista Casino and is a small ramp with a small park area. This is a great place if you are dropping into the lake with a man powered vessel as it is near many of the great fishing places in Clear Lake and not as crowded as the two places on either side of it.
5. Konocti Vista Casino and Hotel is the place to stay if you are in a bass fishing tournament especially if it is located at the Casino. There is a huge section of docks available to park your boat with power for battery recharging. The ramp is pretty tight and only 2 lanes but there is many other reasons which make staying at the casino for a week's fishing is a great way to enjoy clear lake.
6. Clear Lake State Park is a very large state park with tons of camp sites, making it the best place to stay on the lake if you are planning on camping in a tent or RV. Clear Lake State Park has a nice large ramp that drops you into a slough that is only a few minute idle to the main lake and State Park is a popular spot in its own right.
7. Clear Lake Oaks Boat Launch Is a smaller ramp with limited parking but it is located right in Clear Lake Oaks at the Keys a large network of sloughs with houses. This is the ramp to use if you are staying in this area, unless you are staying at M&M Campground down the road, they have a ramp too, but it is not free for anyone to use as the country ramp is.
A View of Several Locations Around Clear Lake, California
Other Boating and Fishing Hubs
- Launching a boat
Launching a boat can be a difficult task for those that are not used to launching on a regular basis. There are some key pieces that can help make the launch process smooth and painless, slow down, make sure to do all the most important details and r
- Bass Fishing Basic Techniques Videos - Soft Plastic Lure Rigs
There are so many great videos on the web for learning, including how to become a better bass angler. Fishing is a great hobby and a fun activity to enjoy the outdoors and spend time on your local lake or river enjoying nature. Catching a largemouth
- Kids Fishing Gear
Buy the right kids fishing gear to ensure that you and your child enjoy your next outing at the lake, by being prepared with the right equipment to make sure the day is successful.
- Basic Bass Fishing Strategies for Tidal Waterways
Basic Understanding of the fishing for largemouth bass in tidal waterways.
- Launch a Boat at California Delta Boat Ramps
California Delta Boat Launching Locations of the best boat ramps for fisherman, wake boarders, and others that just enjoy to go cruising in their boat on the California Delta.
More by this Author
A torn meniscus can be corrected easily through arthroscopic surgery and the patient can be back to work quickly and exercising regularly in a short period of time if they follow the basic rehabilitation practices set...
Building a mobile application by yourself is possible with the "what you see is what you get" mobile app creator tools that are available. Whether you want to make an app for your business, blog, or even just...
Learning how to fish jerkbaits is a skill every avid bass fisherman should have for the winter and spring seasons. The fish can be sluggish in cooler water and a jerkbait produces reaction strikes.