Who is this Dauntless Beauty?
Oh, she is beautiful and so powerful, but she ain’t no Ordinary Lady……
★ツ She is HMS Dauntless – A Type 45 Destroyer. ★ツ
I will describe her in my own Words:
1) Completely in a league of her own – An Advanced Warship
2) She is very expensive - costs over £1 Billion.
3) Very Sleek and Elegant – Over 152 Metres long.
4) Got eyes everywhere - 48 sea vipers, air tracking radar, making air attacks impossible. The vipers can travel more than 3,000 miles an hour.
5) Tender Loving Care is important to her - She has her own hospital facilities.
6) Bionic Woman - the ability to detect targets over 250 miles away .
7) You can’t win a fight with her – she can Launch missiles that will hit anything as small as a cricket ball.
8) Kind of Pretty - She has a red dragon printed on her bow. You can spot it in the photo above.
She was built for the Royal Navy
HMS Dauntless will sail to the Falkland Islands in March 2012. Argentinans are not too happy about her arrival and last month (January) they set fire to union flags (uk flags) declaring ‘England should get out of the Falklands’ and ‘Break ties. Well, Prince William will also be deployed to Falklands soon. I hope they go gentle on him.
There has been friction between Britain and Argentina since they fought a brief war over the Falklands islands in 1982. The friction intensified in 2010, when British companies found oil offshore in the North Falklands Basin, but I am sure they will keep away from Lady Dauntless!!
She's got Cute Staff too...
More on Weapons...
- The Origin of the 21-Gun Salute
Unlock the origin of the 21 Gun salutes and the 3 volley salute. Although they appear similar, their origins are different.
More by this Author
10 Reasons not to feel fed up with life. Don't throw in the Towel. You have so much to live for.
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.