Who will work for the 99%? Mitt Romney? Don't make me laugh.
Fox in the hen house?
Will you trust a fox in the hen house? Will you trust the 1% to look after the well being of the 99%? Do you have faith that the wealthy will work towards policy that benefits the middle class? The current GOP race for the White House is fielding the wealthiest field a candidates in history. Full of corporate raiders, lobbiests and consultants, where can the 99% put their faith?
Here is a little test:
- If you hide your money in the Cayman Islands (P.O. Box 908), you probably won't work for the the middle class.
- If you are afraid to release your tax returns, you probably won't work for the middle class.
- If you consider making $374,328 from speaking fees in 2010 and early 2011, "not that much", you probably won't to work for the middle class.
- If you consider corporations to be people, you probably won't work for the middle class.
- If you are someone who is only interested in making people who are doing really well do even better by extending tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, you probably won't work for the middle class.
- If you use tax loop holes to pay a lower tax rate than the average American, you probably won't work for the middle class.
- If your tax plan you cut your own taxes while raising taxes on half of middle class families with children, you probably won't be working for the middle class.
- If you consider Occupy Wall St. protesters "dirty hippies" who need to go home, take a bath and get a job, you probably won't be working for the middle class.
- If you made millions lobbying after your govenment job ended, you probably won't be working for the middle class.
Looking for fair tax reform, stopping the widening gap between the haves and have nots, stopping the legal insider trading in Congress and decreasing the influence of corporations on our goverment? Is your idea of the American Dream one that rewards honest hard work and not a fixed bet - I'm afraid electing wealthy candidates who have worked all the angles, took advantage of all the dodges and promote policies that reward the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the weakest Americans isn't going to change anything.
More by this Author
Review of all the sensors available for the Lego Mindstorms NXT robot.
Get rid of pest chipmunks with this do it yourself chipmunk trap. Save money and save your home and garden.
A classic "Dirty Dancing" style resort in CT becomes a creepy modern day ghost town as the State ponders it future.