Why Do Ordinary People Wish for Death?
In the News
- Melissa Bachman Twitter Fury: Death Wishes, Vicious Insults Follow South African Lion Hunt
Melissa Bachman, a controversial game hunter, found herself the target of death wishes and obscenity-laced insults after she bragged of killing a lion in South Africa.
Why People, Why?
- Why are humans so gullible when it comes to death?
- Why do people waste their time wishing for death?
- Why do people make declarations on a future doomsday event date?
The frighting reality is that;
Death wishes are not something new to us. In fact, as long as there has been human life, there have been people who are a bit more fascinated with death, than the average person. The original intentions of this article were to discuss why people try to predict Armageddon, and why people long for the end times when they decide to follow these false prophets of doom, such as Harold Camping.
While doing a little online research for this hub, I came across some very interesting websites. Websites that are completely dedicated to 'Deathwatchers', 'Death Wishes', 'Death Seekers' and the 'Passive Suicidal'. Expecting to find websites on Armageddon, I was taken back by all the websites associated with death wishes.
For instance there was the;
- Some times Wish For Death to Come On this site a person can write down their life story, and explain to viewers why they wish for death. It literally is a website for individuals possessing certain literary talents. Website participants referred to themselves as, death seekers. Many people on the website shared their desires to die, and how they want to die a certain way, with other death seekers through the website's member forum. The forum was nothing more than a connection catalyst. A place where other suicidal or depressed persons, can discuss dying, death, suicide, murder, etc. The forum membership listed such profile names as "Broken Strings" and "Anesthesia." Death seekers openly exchanged dialogue on how to plan funerals or compare self mutilation tips.
Then there was a website called,
- Find Your Fate. This website mantra is and I quote;
"Find your fate is proud to associate with all elderly and needful people across the world, who could not tell their death wish at appropriate place and time, to the right people.
We try to give you a platform where you can enter your death wish so that, it can be seen by your loved ones after your death, and only by the person(s) chosen by you."
Need I say anymore...?
But, I have to admit that the article I read about Dr. Death (the old guy with beard) took me by surprise. Here we have an average man working in Texas. What makes this seemly ordinary guy unique, is how he actively participates in plot solutions that would be powerful enough to eliminate, the entire human race from planet Earth.
- Dr. Death is an environmental activist.
- He also keeps a stuffed model of the deadly Ebola virus molecule, on his work desk.
As a person, living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and chronic depression, I can write with sincere affirmation that I have a deep and personal understanding of, the many different realms of depression. I can even write that I understand the need to die e.g. cancer patients in their last stages of life. Whether we wish for death on an individual basis or as a group, death is cold and permanent. It is not a solution to life's problems, and wishing for the "end of days" to come, is certainly a poor use of time. Could people like Harold Camping be making predictions of the end of days, just to get a rush off the drama they cause? To put this into perspective, in May of 1790 a group of New Englander's predicted it was doomsday, when the sky turned dark after a forest fire.
Have you ever wished for death?See results without voting
- Telephone, Hotlines and Help lines | Psych Central
U.S. Helplines US Suicide Hotline 1-800-784-2433 NDMDA Depression Hotline - Support Group800-826-3632 Suicide Prevention Services Crisis Hotline
- Suicide Center
More than 150 crisis centers currently participate in the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline network. Each center receives calls from designated areas of the country, creating a nationwide coverage area. Calls to 1-800-273-TALK are routed to the...
More by this Author
Intimacy tips for aging adult couples. Informing you that you are not alone, and what you should do to combat certain malfunctions happening in your aging body. For mature, aging, active adults.
Is the woman in your life fat? What to expect when your sex goddess gains weight and becomes fat, and how to help her feel gorgeous again.
This hub features a insider guide to the different types of lace, used in creating lavish wedding dresses. Many choices of laces can be seen, from classic re-embroidered alencon lace, typical Chantilly wedding lace, to...