Why You Should Consider Solar Energy Power
Solar energy is the technology of obtaining usable energy from the light of the sun.
A few of the things solar energy is used for are, to heat swimming pools, power cars, mobile phones, ipods and other small appliances (you can even buy a solar oven), or larger things like satalites up in space or houses in hard to reach places.
One of the more interesting facts about solar energy is that the earth receives more energy from the sun in just one hour than the world uses in a whole year. Solar power is all about harnessing a tiny fraction of that imence energy sorce, providing a sustainable and totally clean source of power.
Another appealing factor is, if you have a really good solar power system, one that produces even more energy than you use, your utility company can buy it from you.Currently the solar power industry is growing at a huge 30 percent each year!
As well as being more affordable, newer solar energy systems are much more efficient than previous generations, which helps them be more appealing to homeowners and business owners alike.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of using solar power
- Solar energy is free - it needs no fuel and produces no waste or pollution.
- In sunny countries, solar power can be used where there is no easy way to get electricity to a remote place.
- Handy for low-power uses such as solar powered garden lights and battery chargers, or for helping your home energy bills.
- Unfortunately it doesn't work at night. (although you can store energy in the day to use at night)
- Very expensive to build solar power stations, although the cost is coming down as technology improves. In the meantime, solar cells cost a great deal compared to the amount of electricity they'll produce in their lifetime.
- Can be unreliable unless you're in a very sunny climate. In the United Kingdom, solar power isn't much use for high-power applications, as you need a large area of solar panels to get a decent amount of power. However, technology has now reached the point where it can make a big difference to your home fuel bills
So the facts about solar energy are that it is green, clean and affordable. It causes no pollution and it is especially useful in remote areas where there might not be access to electricity.
Solar power is the fuel of the future and will continue to be at the forefront of investment into renewable sources of energy. Everyone can do their bit for the environment in which we live. After all, global warming effects every one of us.
- The Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
In our continuing efforts to live a greener life we have been contemplating solar panels for our roof. Of course there are pros and cons to using solar energy, but it seems to me that the advantages outweigh...
- Basics of Solar Panels
Powering your life with energy from the sun is clean, efficient and less expensive over time than coal-powered electricity. Today, you can find solar panels in many places - on homes, businesses, and even...
No comments yet.