Why am I blessed:Tips on how to fight sadness
Most of us are living in a fast paced, constantly changing society. The demands of everyday living makes life difficult, but it is our take if we give in to the many problems we encounter. We need to be strong specially when we are confronted by daily problems be it small or bigger ones. I would like to share some of the things/experiences in life and how blessed I am that it happened to me. Towards the latter part of the article I would like to give some tips on how to remain happy in spite of your list.
I would like you to get a pen and list down all the things, be it small or big things that happened to you which made you happy. It could be just a gift from your mother which makes you happy or a smile from a stranger. You will be surprised by how many times you have been happy. C’mon get a pen now.
For my own sake, I have listed down many things I have experienced in life which made me happy, sad or in between. I would like to say that at this point in my life I just thought that I have received so much blessings already. I am a woman who comes from humble beginning but I manage to survive and come out alive. I love, laugh, cry, cry even more. Many times I laugh until I am short of breath. But I also get mad, frustrated a lot, curse and drank too much until I don’t know what I am saying. It happened many times.
- I have no serious illness and I have never been confined to a hospital except to give birth to my five healthy children. Sometimes I have headache and dysmenorrhea throughout my reproductive life (women usually are able to give birth naturally until the age 49), but I manage alright. I usually anticipate it will happen again every month.
- My children are all healthy
- I can eat my cravings and I don’t gain much wait. I am flat 104 lbs, and my height is 5’2
- I am beautiful inside and out (I have brown complexion smooth, and long hair, and well proportioned face, mind you I am not perfect, am not beautiful when I am angry), but even so at waking up, I still considered myself beautiful. I smile a lot, and do care for everybody.
- I have love and lost and love again. I have experienced all there is to experience emotionally, been cheated on, left alone,. I was depressed for a time, I cried a lot in my bedroom, in the fields, everywhere I go when I remember the pain. Then it goes away, and I am happy again.
- I have seen places. I have traveled Malta, Europe, Asia, North America and Australia. Although I would like to travel more to Africa and South America if I have the means. I know I can do that in the future.
- There was never a time when money was a real problem, even if it is scarce at times, I manage to pull through and I survived
- I studied free for twenty years, while through the rest of it, I juggle my time as a mother and a worker
- I had a work who gave me the opportunity to study and at the same time nurture a family
- I was greeted by a smile of a newborn babies (the five born children I had). I experience the pain, hardship of labor and the happiness that comes with it after you carry your baby.
- I had been to ups and downs of raising children who totally depend on you and you mean the world to them.
- I was loved by my parents and my siblings.
- I had set of friends who are helpful and make me happy.
- But, I have lost my only brother and my grandmother whom I love dearly. (she died of old age, everybody has to die)
- And lastly I still breathe, that is why I can still write this article
How to stop being sad:
- Always stay positive. Things happen for a reason and life is really like a wheel sometimes your on top, other times you are below. Always dwell on the good times and things not the bad ones.
- Try and try until you succeed. Don’t give up. Hope is free like your dreams.
- Be content and be happy with what you have. Life can get better.
- Money is not everything, it is a big part of life but not all in life
- The realization that being sad makes you unproductive and it brought many kinds of sickness, tension, stress, etc
- Somewhere out there, there is somebody who thinks of you and for your children you mean the world to them, so there’s no reason to sulk
- And for the one who loves you, you mean the world to him/her
More by this Author
The American way of life is characterized by an openness and accomodation. It is not at all difficult for acculturation because it embodies practices and lifestyles which are easy to adapt too. In the process of...
Is Beauty really in the eye of the beholder? So, what is beautiful? Who is beautiful? Clearly when you ask a group of men, students and women from different walks of life who they think is beautiful, wouldn’t...
Lucky and Unlucky Numbers in Chinese Culture The study of Chinese culture is very interesting because they have so much superstitions and beliefs like numerology, using the laws of heaven and earth (astronomy and...