My Esoteric profile image 87

Do Conservatives believe in a United States or a united States of America?

The Declaration of Independance refers to the united States while the Constitution uses the phrase United States, with a capital 'U'. The Ariticles of Confederation and the Continental Congress epitomize a united States of America with a true "limited" central government, while the Constitution envisions a United States of America with much broader, but not limitless, powers given to the central government. Which form of government do you think today's Conservatives actually believe in?

Faceless39 profile image92

Faceless39 says

Angie497 profile image84

Angie497 says

• Mitch Alan profile image

Mitch Alan 4 years ago

It seems you are confusing Conservatives and Republicans...most Rpublicans are not Conservatives, or at least not conservative enough...

A trueConservative/Libertarian would be consistent across ALL laws, Departments etc..Amendment X...

xethonxq profile image78

xethonxq says

• Mitch Alan profile image

Mitch Alan 4 years ago

That is because that is the proper order...personal, local, State and then federal except where specified explicitly in the Constitution.

eliserenee profile image61

eliserenee says

Mitch Alan profile image84

Mitch Alan says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 4 years ago

Yes, that was assumed in my question, but do conservatives think the 'u' in united States of the Declaration of Independence remain uncapitalized, which signfizes one thing, or capitalized as in the Constitution, which means something different?

thebigbagblog profile image60

thebigbagblog says

jstfishinman profile image79

Bill Akers (jstfishinman) says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 3 years ago

Then you don't agree with the change from the Articles of Confederation and the Continental Congress (what you described) to the Constitution (with its Supremacy Clause) and the United States of America , do I have that right?

andrew savage profile image61

andrew savage says