1. Log term plan for fixing our economy and the irresponsibility of national debt. Take the endless selfish concerns of politicians out of the equation so that it helps the real people. long term planning for ALL areas relating to energy. Long term means that our leadership will need the courage to stand up for what is right, not for what will get them re-elected. (No more PORK!!!)
2. Aggressive and long term solutions to the deterioration of our countries infrastructure. Research, construction, repair. Let's start putting our money to work for us. (which will require leaders with knowledge of business, industry, engineering, etc. rather than just being gifted at making speeches.)
3. Streamline government. Get rid of the endless govt. employees who are there because they have always been there doing nothing of benefit. This includes defense. (Oh, and this will require a new leadership - selfless, humble, and dedicated to US not special interests and re-election.)
4. Streamline laws so that we aren't being bought out by foreign countries. We need to re-think how many people we want to invite into our country when we can't get US citizens out of poverty. (Historically we have been the land of opportunity, but we may need to re-think that. We need to be the land of opportunity for US citizens first. We need leaders who know how to get stuff done - no more pompous windbags.)
5. Lean and mean defense. Our enemies are growing, we are being infiltrated, so defense needs to be endlessly elite, well trained and equipped operational soldiers, sailors and air(men) (airpeople - that sounds wrong.) Anyway, no more desk people - get it done people. (And leaders who understand international affairs. No more leaders who guess at what is going on in the world. Whatever happened to the great statesmen (statespeople?) of the 20th century.