SportsBetter profile image 63

Are Democrats and Republicans the same party?

If you look at the facts, you can see many similarities between Republicans and Democrats. One is they both get funding from Goldman Sachs. Why would the same people fund both parties? Both parties agree with The Federal Reserve printing money, going into more debt, taxing, and getting involved in more wars. This is not what the founders intended. George Washington even said in his farewell address, be careful of political parties. They might argue over healthcare, birth control, and gay marriage but these are just distractions from the real issues, these issues need to be left to the state

rafken profile image77

Best Answer rafken says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 4 years ago

I think you are speaking of English politics, not American. If what you said were actually true, you would have two parties marching in lockstep to their leader's command;not just one in the Senate. Even John Boehner isn't doing well in the House.

cprice75 profile image83

cprice75 says

Doc Snow profile image97

Doc Snow says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

It should be dealt with by individual states not the federal government

thegecko profile image85

Warren Samu (thegecko) says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

I agree. They may vote differently, but it is usually for some legislation that is not helpful, influenced by their lobbyist, or issues that should be left up to the state. The tenth amendment is very clear on this.

burning bush profile image80

burning bush says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 4 years ago

Do you have any real statistics to back up your assertion about how rich politicians become if they start out poor? I don't like the calibre of politicians we have either, so I keep trying to vote for better ones.

thost profile image59

thost says

peanutroaster profile image79

peanutroaster says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 4 years ago

A look back to 1812 and the demise of the Federalist Party for a glimpse at what could happen and why might be helpful. Bassically, as you point out, they became the party of arrogant elitists and the wealthy along with being against the war of 1812

ptosis profile image79

ptosis says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 4 years ago

I have thought about that a lot and have come to the conclusion that both are best for America, in the long run. Without the electoral college, then 1/4 of the states shouldn't bother voting; one city has more votes than all of them combined.

60

pat88 says

My Esoteric profile image88

My Esoteric says

ElderYoungMan profile image79

Elderyoungman says

lostdogrwd profile image60

Richard Davis (lostdogrwd) says

SportsBetter profile image63

SportsBetter says

whonunuwho profile image84

whonunuwho says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

I agree that the major parties show no difference. I disagree that we still have the most freedoms in the world. They are disappearing, with bills such as NDAA and Obama assassinating Americans, or just the Patriot Act.

2 answers hidden due to negative feedback. Show