pagesvoice profile image 85

What does proud to be an American mean to you?

Before someone gets all in a tither by just saying "America"...I'm referencing the United States of America. Although I am a devoted "American" citizen, I am also proud of my heritage which happens to be Scottish and English. However, there are some who get upset when those of us in the U.S. reference America. To that I say, "It is an accepted norm that America means the United States. I've never heard any of my Canadian friends complain about it. So, to my U.S. friends, what does being an American mean to you?

pstraubie48 profile image89

Best Answer Patricia Scott (pstraubie48) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

Thank you for a beautiful response. My dad was a WWII and Korean War veteran and I was born an Army brat. Dad is buried in a veteran's cemetery on the same road he grew up on. Proud to be an American? You bet I am!

American_Choices profile image84

American_Choices says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

I share your sentiments and the fact that being free does carry a certain amount of responsibility...not just for ourselves, but for those who need a helping and welcoming hand.

peoplepower73 profile image87

Mike Russo (peoplepower73) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

Well Sir, your response was worth the wait. I share your sentiments on how the Indians and slaves were treated and also the intolerance of others that exists today. How can we be so smart and yet so narrow minded and foolish?

whittwrites profile image75

T.B Whitt (whittwrites) says

andrew savage profile image61

andrew savage says