kenjmo profile image 59

What is the important social issue that needs debated immediately

I don't mean passing laws, but a debate discussing the morality that drives policy for or against the interest of the people. Dialouge is needed to change the landscape of our resolve as Americans. We still hold a lot of secret feelings of values I think that must be addressed for Americans to progress. What do you think?

Becky Bruce profile image85

Becky Bruce says

• kenjmo profile image

Kenneth J Moore Jr. (kenjmo) 4 years ago

thanks becky, I ask this question because policies doesn't get passed from social indifferences. So few policy makers put themselves in their constituents shoes and only think of who's paying them more or a reelection prospect.

manningnd profile image60

manningnd says

• Becky Bruce profile image

Becky Bruce 4 years ago

I'm voting you up manningnd! So true, the cycle of violence just keeps on going and people- and kids- need to be shown a different way because if you grow up in violence, it's likely all you know.

Beata Stasak profile image83

Beata Stasak says

• kenjmo profile image

agreed Beata, I don't have enough money to be a reformer in this country. The same problems exist for us Americans though too many social issue get in the way of furthering our society. discussing problems truthfully leads to beneficial policies.

Kahana profile image79

Kahana says

• kenjmo profile image

So true kahana, To make policy society must address why we welcome the very scene we frown upon. There's a shooting but no law amendments. A guy rapes kids but there aren't stricter pedophile restrictions. horrific events doesn't shape us we shape it

0

Alya.Songstress says

• kenjmo profile image

Exactly alya, this is the fundamental hypocracy in our policy making. The fact that jobs require extensive education that most of the population lacks is a problem which goes unnoticed untill we compare countries or are having an election year.