IDONO profile image 82

Is Chic-Fil-A getting a raw deal?

In reading other answers to this issue, I say yes. The remarks are ridiculous. Chic-Fil-A never said they hate gays. Never said they wouldn't hire or serve a gay person. They just don't believe in same sex marriage. Now people want to boycott and Chicago refuses new openings. Can Chicago actually afford that in tax revenue and denying numerous new jobs? What bothers me the most is that these anti Chic-Fil-A people exaggerate the story and then feel they can be so arrogant as to punish Chic-Fil-A because their beliefs differ from theirs. Who do you think you are? Santa? Look out Coke!

Uninvited Writer profile image83

Susan Keeping (Uninvited Writer) says

• JThomp42 4 years ago

But, They didn't make this big of a deal out of it.

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 4 years ago

A well reasoned comment and I agree. Part of freedom is being able to choose - or not, to support an establishment. It is the very essence of the free market system many of these same people complaining about the boycott claim to support.

• Ms Dee profile image

Deidre Shelden (Ms Dee) 4 years ago

Hi, I'd not heard this before. Where have you seen info on them donating to anti-gay groups? I'd be interested to go read it.

prettynutjob30 profile image83

Mary (prettynutjob30) says

IDONO profile image82

IDONO says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 4 years ago

I am against Chicfila on this one but I do disagree with keeping them from opening new stores. I won't be donating my money to them but if others choose to it should be an option to make it an even playing field. We can't lose more jobs over this.

connorj profile image79

John Connor (connorj) says

Cre8tor profile image96

Daniel Robbins (Cre8tor) says

Apostle Jack profile image60

Apostle Jack says

• jbosh1972 profile image

Jason (jbosh1972) 4 years ago

All true, because the world is in sin and the road to perdition is wide and well paved. I just wish that the gay community would be more honest with the public and not try to mislead them into believing that homosexuality is a race or ethnicity.

Ms Dee profile image86

Deidre Shelden (Ms Dee) says

• Ms Dee profile image

Deidre Shelden (Ms Dee) 4 years ago

peeples, the 5th paragraph of that Huffington Post article mentions several attacks but then implies just one was an attack for being gay--the last one. I don't see statistics for orgs like Focus on the Family carrying out hate activities.

0

• junkseller profile image

junkseller 4 years ago

No one has special rights? That's a good position. Can we expect you, then, to sacrifice your right to freely marry whom you choose? Or do you not mind special rights when they belong to you?