snoblet profile image 89

What will you do if you found out that your boss is having an affair with your co worker?

I am working really hard to move up the ladder while there is this co worker of mine that is not really doing much but is just going out with the boss who promoted her. I feel so down. I can't just imagine where this world is headed with these type of people living on it.

cat on a soapbox profile image83

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

did you know that i personally asked the girl what needs to be done to get promoted since she got it in such a short period of time, and her reply: just keep your head up even if everyone is putting you down. so i guess ill just keep it to myself.

maddot profile image80

maddot says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

It is really hard and very stressful. If only jobs in United States will go back to how it was 10 years ago, I would have left already. Unfortunately it is really tough nowadays and all i can do is deal with it and pretend everything is fine.

Express10 profile image88

H C Palting (Express10) says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I try to keep to myself as much as I can. Go to work, and than go home and try to not associate with those people too much. Others might not mind because they don't expect to advance or have no desire to do so, but there are those that want more.

Mmargie1966 profile image91

Mmargie1966 says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I believe heavily in karma too but it seems though that people are always getting away with things by taking the lazy route. I don't intend to stay with this job long but it goes to show how lazy some people are to do anything for so little.

BJC profile image69

BJC says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

You have a point. It doesn't matter what I think because if they were doing it, they obviously don't care sine it wasn't just me that knew about it. Thanks anyway, I should just stay out of it.

nmdonders profile image84

nmdonders says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

This situation is worse than favoritism and we all know how it feels when we are not the boss's favorite. I personally am dealing with this situation right now. More work load for me while she chilling. But I will get over it in time. Hopefully.

tmbridgeland profile image87

tmbridgeland says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I thought about moving to a different dept but they don't want to let me go because they feel I am hard working. Sometimes working hard doesn't pay especially with lazy management.

dianetrotter profile image82

G. Diane Nelson Trotter (dianetrotter) says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

Nothing indeed that's why I needed to vent here :) it helps me a lot to see other's opinion so I know if I am alone or not with topics like this. It makes it hard when you know that you work harder and get nowhere while others do less for more.

When your Boss is having an Affair with a Co Worker82

When your Boss is having an Affair with a Co Worker

|  15 comments
Dog Advisor profile image80

Sarah Falkner (Dog Advisor) says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I don't want to be a rat, but it cross my mind. My performance is what is too good from what the manager said and because of that they want to keep me in that dept. Not wanting me to leave and move up. The whole company is a joke.

gmarquardt profile image82

gmarquardt says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

It is their lives that affects mine which is very unfortunate. But yes, i should not do anything since it is practically useless to react. Knowing them, they could care less.

The Challenges of Workplace Affairs84

The Challenges of Workplace Affairs

|  0 comments
cebutouristspot profile image73

cebutouristspot says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

She worked the overnight shift fielding the job with the boss. Problem is there isn't an overnight shift, o well I guess in the end it makes a good laugh.

BobMonger profile image60

BobMonger says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

Finding another job sounds nice but finding one might not be so easy in this economy. I guess others might know and can handle it pretty well especially seeing a new hire be promoted so fast.

philli profile image90

philli says

Lady_E profile image82

Elena (Lady_E) says

OldSkoolFool profile image61

OldSkoolFool says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

Make a move on that thing? I rather sleep in the streets. I guess I like to see someone else try that and besides the work makes me feel like I accomplished things. Not many hard working people makes me look better anyway.

maxoxam41 profile image80

Deforest (maxoxam41) says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I like the send an anonymous letter to his wife part. He got divorced already, so I don't think the letter will do me any good. But thanks for your ideas though. I probably would just ignore not forget. And quit if it is unbearable.

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 3 years ago

Thanks, I did pretty much what you mention and just left if alone and let it blow by, I don't think I will be there long before I find something else

60

aidahk says

LensMan999 profile image66

LensMan999 says

61

brianegan72 says

59

slidingsands says