hockey8mn profile image 90

Is it accurate to call someone not born in Africa an African American?

After all, that individual was not born in Africa. Same goes for Mexican Americans or any other "politically correct" way of identifying an individual from where their relatives were born. Why not simply call someone born in the United States an American?

Attikos profile image79

Best Answer Attikos says

• hockey8mn profile image

hockey8mn 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind being called a cockatoo lol. I agree with you and spanstar, someone should be called what they like to be called.

relache profile image87

Raye (relache) says

Georgie Lowery profile image94

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• hockey8mn profile image

hockey8mn 4 years ago

It is a very sensitive issue and why I asked. It is something that should be talked about and not swept under the rug. Talking about big issues in a calm and collected manor is healthy.

daskittlez69 profile image80

daskittlez69 says

• hockey8mn profile image

hockey8mn 4 years ago

Technically, Egypt is in the middle east (a subcontinent), but I understand what your saying here. Geography is not one of the stronger aspects of the education system here.

SpanStar profile image60

SpanStar says

• hockey8mn profile image

hockey8mn 4 years ago

I understand the sentiment, but no one is holding anyone here today. If people don't like the country they are living in today they have the freedom to leave it. Everyone doesn't hate black people and find them subhuman.