Charlu profile image 84

Should those in the military be allowed to drink even if they are under age? Why or why not?

We allow men and women of the armed forces to serve our country and fight in conditions unbearable to most, yet we don't allow them to drink. Do you think that literally being willing to give up your life for your country gives you that right, or is it because they would have to do it for all those over 18?

hockey8mn profile image90

hockey8mn says

howlermunkey profile image92

Jeff Boettner (howlermunkey) says

nightwork4 profile image58

nightwork4 says

• Sarra Garrett 4 years ago

Exactly! If you are old enough to kill and be killed there is nothing wrong with underage soldiers to have a drink. I've even bought a few rounds.....Here's to you Thank you for your Service.

Admiral Murrah profile image85

Admiral Murrah says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Agreed, and I think if your not old enough to drink (due to most thinking your not responsible enough) then you should not be old enough to deal with taking the lives of others and risking your own, especially if it's not your choice.

old albion profile image63

Graham Lee (old albion) says

• isenhower33 profile image

Bobby Isenhower (isenhower33) 4 years ago

Service men do drink lol They actually drink a lot. I never did when I was in but the forts are full of bars and stuff.

0

Justsilvie says

0

Old Empresario says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

I'm not saying set aside every law, all I'm saying is should they be allowed to come home and have a beer or two. Most (depending on the state) cannot even buy a fire arm, yet can you think of someone better trained to use them?