Chad Thiele profile image 83

Will the rumors that Mitt Romney's son owns voting machines influence the election results in Ohio?

There has been controversy over the presidential election results in key swing states in recent years (Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004). This year, rumors are already spreading in the state of Ohio that could have citizens questioning the final results. While the rumors that Mitt Romney's son owns voting machines are not true, the facts in the case still have some voters asking questions about the validity of the results even before most votes are cast. Do you think that these rumors will have an effect on voter turnout or influence the election in any other way?

Skarlet profile image87

Skarlet says

• wba108@yahoo.com profile image

wba108@yahoo.com 4 years ago

Absolutely, there is far more to fear from the party that would sacrifice the lives of our soldiers and diplomats for political purposes and produce a voting machine to turn Romney votes to Obama!

Ken Burgess profile image81

Ken Burgess says

• Chad Thiele profile image

Chad Thiele 4 years ago

I don't think Tagg Romney has done or plans to do anything illegal. According to factcheck.org, it doesn't look like he even is invested in the company, as you said. What I wonder is whether or not the rumor will influence how the public votes.

lrc7815 profile image93

Linda Crist (lrc7815) says

• Chad Thiele profile image

Chad Thiele 4 years ago

I agree. I don't think that the voting machines will be a problem at all. (At least I hope they aren't.) However, I wonder if the rumor about problems with the voting machines will influence voter turnout or the way that Ohio voters vote, in general.

Robephiles profile image89

Robephiles says

• Chad Thiele profile image

Chad Thiele 4 years ago

Do you think it will have an effect on voter turnout from either side?

Perspycacious profile image74

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) says

• Robephiles profile image

Robephiles 4 years ago

I'd really like it if Democrats stuck to classy attacks like "Spear-chucking, Kenyan, communist, affirmative action president, son of a porn star, Nazi."

ahorseback profile image49

ahorseback says

• Chad Thiele profile image

Chad Thiele 4 years ago

I don't think that Tagg Romney did anything wrong. I asked that question to see if people thought the perception of wrongdoing would influence the vote in Ohio. I think the question was and is valid.

0

• Chad Thiele profile image

Chad Thiele 4 years ago

I guess what I am wondering is whether or not the rumor will have an effect on voter turnout. Democrats might decide not to vote because they think it won't count anyway and Republicans might not vote because they don't think they need to. Thoughts?