flacoinohio profile image 83

Has anyone noticed the price of gas increased the day after the Presidential Election?

The price of gasoline decreased for almost two weeks prior to the Presidential Election. The price of gasoline immediately increased a few hours after the election results were announced. I'mn my area the price of fuel increased .40 cents overnight. I believe the price of fuel is deliberately decreased by fuel companies to remove the issue of overpriced fuel from people's mind when they are going to the polls to vote. The almost immediate price increase of gasoline helps to explain my opinion.

LandmarkWealth profile image85

LandmarkWealth says

• flacoinohio profile image

flacoinohio 4 years ago

Are you in an area affected by Hurricane Sandy? If you are, I believe the businesses in the area must freeze prices to prevent price gouging. I hope you and your family are well. We are fortunate to not have been impacted by the storm in my area.

Goody5 profile image83

Goody5 says

0

Larry Wall says

• flacoinohio profile image

flacoinohio 4 years ago

I am not blaming the president, oil companies have lowered the prices of gasoline prior to every election since 2003 and as soon as the election is over the gas prices go right back to where they were before. Maybe because my state is a swing state.