ThompsonPen profile image 83

Do you think our 2nd Amendment should be reconsidered?

With the recent tragic shooting on the East Coast, coupled with the shooting at the opening of the newest Batman, as well as the lesser heard of shooting in California on voting day, is it time we reconsider whether or not we should have the right to bear arms?

• RavenBiker profile image

RavenBiker 4 years ago

I agree with everything you said. I would add that we as a society ought aught to be looking at mental health issues instead of limiting our freedoms and rights.

wba108@yahoo.com profile image83

wba108@yahoo.com says

Borsia profile image60

Borsia says

point2make profile image85

point2make says

• wba108@yahoo.com profile image

wba108@yahoo.com 4 years ago

In the federalist papers, the founders referred to the 2nd amendment as a check of government power therefore I feel that it was meant for all citizens. It would be a useless for it to apply only to a government controlled militia.

hockey8mn profile image90

hockey8mn says

0

An AYM says

• SassySue1963 4 years ago

Anytime there is a tragedy such as this, those who wish to collect the guns of law abiding citizens stand up and shout. Do you know more innocent people die at the hands of drunk drivers than by guns? Do you want to revisit prohibition?

lrc7815 profile image92

Linda Crist (lrc7815) says

• lrc7815 profile image

Linda Crist (lrc7815) 4 years ago

Nicole, I am sorry for calling you Jeff. I was crying when I wrote teh comment and thought someone else asked the question. Now that I've made a fool of myself, I will go back to my tears.

flacoinohio profile image82

flacoinohio says

Don Fairchild profile image83

Don Fairchild says

ZipperConstantine profile image80

Zipper (ZipperConstantine) says

Kasman profile image87

Kas (Kasman) says

• Alastar Packer profile image

Alastar Packer 4 years ago

Switzerland is a great example, Kasman. That's the main reason Hitler stayed his hand from occupation and the country remained free.

0

SassySue1963 says

• An AYM 4 years ago

It's a lot harder to kill someone without a gun than it is with one. Is there any legitimate reason his mother apparently needed to load up on guns like Hans Gruber was coming to town?

8 answers hidden due to negative feedback. Show