A Little TRUTH profile image 87

Obama swore to “preserve, protect and defend” the Constitution. Is he not obligated to obey it?

The full text of the Presidential Oath of Office, as Obama said it today, inauguration day, and as specified by Article 2, Section 1, of the Constitution of the United States of America, reads: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” If he were to lock the Constitution in a safe and post a guard, would that not suffice?

thegecko profile image85

Warren Samu (thegecko) says

• A Little TRUTH profile image

A Little TRUTH 3 years ago

thegecko, please forgive me if I’ve suggested something that I didn’t mean to convey. The question is not WHETHER he is obeying the Constitution or not, but it asks is he OBLIGATED to obey it based on his Oath of Office.