ChristinS profile image 92

Why do political people seem to demonize the opposition rather than discuss issues?

I see this on both the right and the left and it drives me batty. Why do conservatives like to use "liberal" as a dirty word rather than debate issues on merit? It's easier to whine about liberal this or liberal that or we have to fear liberalism. It happens the other way too - people accuse conservatives of being "stupid", "ignorant", backwards and mean-spirited regularly. I don't like that either. It's not productive. How are we ever going to resolve problems with this mentality? Why cant' we disagree without attacking whole groups of people? There's bad apples in every crate!

Angela Blair profile image89

Angela Blair says

Nathan Orf profile image86

Nathan Orf says

dailytop10 profile image88

dailytop10 says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I agree the impeachment of Clinton was a joke. All that time and energy wasted that could have been used doing something constructive and it had to be about demonizing Clinton, kind of like the birther movement with Obama demonize instead of talk.

• Borsia profile image

Borsia 3 years ago

Add to that the media being just as corrupt as the politics and you have the failed system that exists in the US today.

The internet has given us the ability to fact check claims made by politicians but few have the interest to follow up.

chef-de-jour profile image91

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

At least they get on with the job there! Here our politicians play chicken with each other and hold each other hostage. Even common citizens can't help but make everything a political argument. :)

larakern profile image79

larakern says

Borsia profile image61

Borsia says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I completely agree with you. A 2 party system is just nuts and nothing is ever going to get fixed with the constant games and lunacy.

ahorseback profile image48

ahorseback says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I totally agree - people also seem to turn any conversation political I've noticed when they just WANT to argue - you can say the sky is blue - and they'll find some political rant or diatribe against blue skies lol - it's pitiful.

0

Old Empresario says