lesliebyars profile image 76

Do you watch the news on television or on the Internet?

Seeker7 profile image95

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

Bob Bamberg profile image93

Bob Bamberg says

• Larry Wall 3 years ago

I will disagree that journalism is not journalism. I will agree that good journalism has been replaced by showbiz. The good journalism is out there, but like good music, you have to look for it. It is not on the mainstream media.

MickS profile image77

MickS says

• Larry Wall 3 years ago

That is not a bad approach as long as you read more than one newspaper. I wrote for small town newspapers. I had a fair size readership. However, they also read the larger papers in nearby cities.

JimTxMiller profile image87

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Jim, you probably listen to Pacifica Radio as well with Amy Goodman? You'd love Ian Masters if you haven't listened to him. He's on in CA from 5 -6 pm Pacific Time and you can live stream from www.kpfk.org

Billie Kelpin profile image89

Billie Kelpin says

• Larry Wall 3 years ago

You are entitled to receive the news however you wish. However, when the messenger becomes more important than the message, a problem can arise. I have favorites and some I cannot stand, but I listen to both and try to discern the middle ground.

ChitrangadaSharan profile image85

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) says

The Unlearner profile image85

Jo (The Unlearner) says

• Larry Wall 3 years ago

News on the Internet is not independently fund, and no new source has ever been independently funded. The grocery ads in your local paper and the car ads on your local TV and radio stations fund the coverage. The issue is whether that causes bias..

KellyG05030 profile image88

Kelly (KellyG05030) says

dghbrh profile image61

deergha (dghbrh) says

• Larry Wall 3 years ago

News by its nature has to be negative. In theory, everyone is expected to be honest and do the right thing. When the dishonest take over the the right things are not done, then the event becomes newsworthy.

mariellenikka profile image61

Marielle Nikka Oliveros (mariellenikka) says

60

parkavithai says

0

Larry Wall says

0

0

Pamdora says