phoenixelliot profile image 61

Do you believe that violence in entertainment conditions and desensitizes our children to violence?

Over the years there has been an increase in school violence, and the tragedy in Newtown CT begs to ask the question: What hell is going on? While the politicians piss and moan over 2nd amendment rights we need to find a solution. Do you believe that violence in entertainment encourages or condition violence in children, and young adults? If so should violent television, music, and video games be banned or censored?

davidlivermore profile image95

David Livermore (davidlivermore) says

• phoenixelliot profile image

phoenixelliot 3 years ago

True the media depends on ratings to generate revenue, and networks with the best ratings sell more advertising. Do you think that violence in entertainment has an impact on moral evaluation?

LandmarkWealth profile image86

LandmarkWealth says

• phoenixelliot profile image

phoenixelliot 3 years ago

I agree with you. A normal well adjusted child would not be pushed to violence by the media. I have also read some pretty convincing research that suggests that children whom watch violent shows & play violent games score lower in empathy.

• phoenixelliot profile image

phoenixelliot 3 years ago

Final responsibility does rest on parenting & children with irresponsible parents do have a higher likelihood of being exposed to both real-life violence & violence in the media. Proper guidance & education by attentive parents could be k

Sapper profile image73

Sapper says

• phoenixelliot profile image

phoenixelliot 3 years ago

I'm not sure I agree. Sure ignorance can contribute, and ignorant people have existed for 1000's of years, but why has violence and the ambivalence of violence in public increased in recent years? I still convinced the media has a part to play.