kallini2010 profile image 87

If you have a child at home, can you ask him whether he believes that life is fair?

The younger the child the better. I do believe that children learn that BASIC truth very early in life regardless or how cool or uncool (successful or not) their parents are. But seeing that Bill Gates have to put it as Rule #1 that children did not learn at school, I want to see whether he is closer to the truth than me.

LongTimeMother profile image97

LongTimeMother says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 3 years ago

I did not mean to suggest an answer. I meant to ask a question without indicating your own opinion. Honestly, I love hearing what children have to say. I love discussions. Our first duty is to make them think, not give answers.

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 3 years ago

Thank you for answering the question. I agree with you. Sometimes with a child, the conversation ends with "life is not fair". It is as true as it is frustrating. In the end my question did not yield the results I was hoping for, so I'll try again

IDONO profile image82

IDONO says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 3 years ago

Thanks for your answer. My son is 9,5 and he knows that life is not fair. Too late to ask. I like talking and discussing issues and listening to what a child has to say. If I was 16, I would think Gates' advice was dull at its best.

healthyfitness profile image83

Rick Grimes (healthyfitness) says

Li Galo profile image88

Li Galo says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 3 years ago

Thank you for actually ASKING rather than saying why I should and what I should not... Of course, I would prefer younger children to answer, but... I am neither negative nor positive, I prefer a more scientific approach - gather facts, not lemons.