Billie Kelpin profile image 90

What is one significant non-violent action by one person that has initiated positive social change?

I'm thinking that the "lost boys" of the world need to be aware of significant social change that has been brought about in the world through non-violent means. I'm thinking specifically of things like the photo of Phan Thi Kim Phuc,the little girl running from the effects of napalm bombing in the Vietnam War taken by Nick Ut. That one photo, along with the Kent State shootings did more to bring about change than fire power could. We need to elevate the photographers, writers, musicians who show injustice and individually bring about change through art so our children can imitate THEM!

connorj profile image82

John Connor (connorj) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

excellent. Of course, the historical Jesus, whether you're a Christian or not, has to be seen as bringing about non-violent change to society. I remember teaching 8th graders in religious ed class in the 60s. The text featured all 3 !