SidKemp profile image 94

Boston bombing or Texas explosion: Which is worse?

April 15: A terrorist bombing at the Boston Marathon kills 5 (including one bomber, and a policeman later) and wounds over 175. April 17: A fire and explosion (probably accidental, but with likely negligence both at the corporation and in government oversight) in West, Texas, at a fertilizer plant, killed at least 12, with 60 still missing, and some of those probably dead. Over 200 were injured. Clearly, the fertilizer plant explosion, even if it was an accident, caused more devastation. But is terrorism worse than negligence?

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Junkseller, you say a lot of valuable things tho I don't agree with all of them. It is good to sort out in time - our evil before creates terrorism as retaliation. Our incompetence before the act allows harm. Irrationality after continues the cycle.

Cantuhearmescream profile image85

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Thanks, Scream, I guess you can hear the scream behind my question. Thank you for "there is no excuse foir hatred or negligence." That helps me sort out my feelings.

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Peeples, I hope you know that you're not being mean at all. My question was genuine, and I'm glad to be getting answers on both sides of the situation. And you are right on about the frequency and the danger - I hope your husband's company improves.

twig22bend profile image81

twig22bend says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Thx for your compassionate heart and clear mind. My prayers go out to the victims, and also to the perpetrators: May they cease their fear, hatred, greed, and negligence that leads to such suffering. (Those who knew in TX saved money doing nothing.

Lor's Stories profile image61

Lor's Stories says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Thanks, Lor. You raise an important point. Helping those in need is more important than making an issue of why they were injured.

cre8ivOne profile image80

cre8ivOne says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Your caring heart shines through your answer. At the '93 bombing of the World Trade Center, I saw how people temporarily care more - and I chose to make that caring permanent for me. It is sad that news perpetuates horror & drama, & not joy &

ladydeonne profile image87

Deonne Anderson (ladydeonne) says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

LadyDeone, thx for your very thoughtful comments. Clarifying facts: The fire did come first, and was being fought, so the fire led to the explosion. There are OSHA regulations on the safe storage of Am Nitrate that were being overlooked & violate

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Thank you Manatita. I was not looking for answers so much as for perspectives. I like yours, especially, "a pure motive is a messenger of God."

chef-de-jour profile image89

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

We can also ask for the healing of the hearts of those who do wrong and the minds (and greed) of those who are negligent, and work to make such healing happen.

BillyDursens profile image67

BillyDursens says

0

Brenda Durham says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

I respect your view. I'm also aware of a feeling in myself that actually has more contempt for incompetence and negligence than it does for hatred.