IDONO profile image 82

Are we leaving anything for our children and grandchildren to do?

Everything I hear is about what we can do for them. I was hearing the same thing 40 years ago and look where we are at. That's all nice that we want a better future for generations to come. But, what about us? Do we not believe our children are capable of handling their own problems after we are gone? I don't want to leave my kids a mess, but I only have one life too. We are looking so far ahead that we are missing what is right in front of us. What do you think?

Attikos profile image79

Attikos says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

True. But before soc. security and other entitlements, we taught our kids to work and earn what they get. So, now that we've squandered the spoils of our ways, going back to the old way is sinful? I'm not so sure.

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

I couldn't agree with you more. Faster, faster, faster. That's all we hear. When will instantly, not be fast enough. With all this speed, you'd think we'd accomplish more, wouldn't you?

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

Thanks. Everything we've done is part of the process of where we are today. Where we are in the future is dependent on what we do today.

0

0

Justsilvie says