collegedad profile image 85

Do those with entitlement mentalities drive you crazy?

I had to chuckle when one of my relatives told me how the sequester is ruining her life. She's been on disability for years and has drawn her monthly checks from China, the Czech Republic, Costa Rica and various other countries. She works just enough each year to receive an earned income credit then leaves her children to be cared for by family. It's quite the racket. Recently her preschool closed early due to the sequester. She was livid as that was her free babysitter. How dare they inconvenience her! Drives me nuts to think that someone like this would get a dime of assistance.

Abby Campbell profile image94

Abby Campbell says

• collegedad profile image

collegedad 3 years ago

The system needs serious re-working doesn't it. Personally I believe that those who receive benefits should be required to take random drug tests. Thanks for the great comment!

LandmarkWealth profile image87

LandmarkWealth says

• collegedad profile image

collegedad 3 years ago

Thanks for the info LandmarkWealth. From what I've experiences SSDI wants you to apply and they make it easy..........too easy!

IDONO profile image83

IDONO says

0

• Abby Campbell profile image

Abby Campbell 3 years ago

This is so true, Jeff. I have a 25 year old in a rest home. We are currently going through appeals. So many mentally ill have been kicked out to the streets while tons are selling EBT cards in front the grocery store my other girls work at. Disgrace!