Borsia profile image 61

Now that the jury has acquitted Zimmerman what message will resound?

Will there be more reporting and comments on the basic theme that violence begets violence and that if you attack someone they can defend themselves no matter what your reasons might be. Or will it be that a racist prejudiced system has legalized the hunting and killing of young blacks?

Charlu profile image84

Charlu says

• Borsia profile image

Borsia 3 years ago

I don't see any connection Z didn't stand his ground he responded to an ongoing attack. He had nowhere to go

I don't know why you mention a case where the law correctly convicted a murderer. Again nothing to do with the intent of "stand your ground".

FitnezzJim profile image86

FitnezzJim says

• Borsia profile image

Borsia 3 years ago

Sadly it's doubtful that we will see any gains in peace or even people having a better understanding of the nature of violence.

All we will see in more media circus and a lot of politicians trying to make hay.

suzettenaples profile image90

Suzette Walker suzettetaos (suzettenaples) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 3 years ago

Yes of course that's the case. The same is true with the OJ case and the thousands of others who have been acquitted by juries who either never saw all the evidence or were to confused about the law as it stands, or who had a high priced defense att

taburkett profile image62

taburkett says

• Borsia profile image

Borsia 3 years ago

Yes I have. And I've been confronted by armed criminals, more than once.

In every case I was armed and I never had to fire but I was ready and willing.

DommaLeigh profile image60

DommaLeigh says

• Borsia profile image

Borsia 3 years ago

Absolutely They will avoid the real subject and revel in everything that doesn't matter.

This case never should have gone to trial as the original investigation showed.

0

• Borsia profile image

Borsia 3 years ago

While a completely agree that the system is broken at least in this case it seemed to work, despite all of the outside interference.

Sad for everyone involved but the law was upheld in a just manner.