peeples profile image 88

What will it take for USA to realize we need to start minding our own business?

Wouldn't this be the simplest solution to all the issues with other countries? I hate to sound cold hearted but if they want to kill their neighbors it's none of our business. Why not just work towards being 100% dependent on only ourselves. Focus on having everything we need here (oil, merchandise, foods) that way we can mind our own business and leave the rest of the world alone. Is minding our own business a hard concept? We should only worry about those that are a threat to our actual country (not one of our multiple bases we feel the need to set up in other countries)

• Justsilvie 3 years ago

You pleaded an excellent case for minding our own business.

• Justsilvie 3 years ago

But how can we intervene Eric, when we don't know who the enemy is? Lies and misconceptions are the norm these days.

Angela Kane profile image79

Angela Kane says

chuckd7138 profile image86

Charles Dawson (chuckd7138) says

• johnsonrallen profile image

Robert Allen Johnson (johnsonrallen) 3 years ago

Good words. Jimmy Carter said something I find true: "War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children."

AMFredenburg profile image78

Aldene Fredenburg (AMFredenburg) says

• johnsonrallen profile image

This is true and here is the issue: we get involved nowadays when we can benefit. Why not Rwanda? Why not Burma? They had "nothing" to offer us. They were not strategically important. If ever someone needed to help, it was in these and other cases.

Rod Rainey profile image83

RodneyBlaec Rainey (Rod Rainey) says

Thomas Swan profile image92

Thomas Swan says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Thomas, that line is old. Have you ever even sat in a congresswoman's office. Have you ever sat in Senate hearings. Our country is great and these folks work the butts off. I will bet you have never served your country. Yet you defame those who do.

PurvisBobbi44 profile image91

PurvisBobbi44 says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 3 years ago

But what if the CIA is the one supplying the sarin gas to their Al Qaeda operatives?

We fall into the hands of evil if we knee-jerk react to such sympathetic pictures.

Send in the Red Cross -- not the military!

Ranzi profile image85

Cut The Bullshit (Ranzi) says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 3 years ago

America is (2) centuries old. We didn't have "the bomb" until the World War. It's a little disingenuous to blame America for all that is wrong with the world. We haven't been bombing for centuries. Russia is no "saint nation" either! No nation is!

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

Well I can never agree with you on religion, but at least I can on politics. It all comes down to greed and how we can make a profit and make it suit our country. Quite sickening in my opinion!

johnsonrallen profile image89

Robert Allen Johnson (johnsonrallen) says

• kaiyan717 profile image

kaiyan717 3 years ago

I think your right Johnsonrallen, though I wish it wasn't so. But if we must, why the hurry? Why not wait for proper U.N. backing and do it the right way if we really must? That said, I am against our interference.

Bozoplay profile image83

Bozoplay says

• Borsia profile image

Borsia 3 years ago

So long as the US is run by Democrats and Republicans the US is doomed to fail.

When government and the Justice system is sold to the highest bidder there will be nothing but corruption.

Will we wake up in time to save us, I doubt it!

Borsia profile image60

Borsia says

• Ranzi profile image

Cut The Bullshit (Ranzi) 3 years ago

Are you talking about Israel the same land that was stolen from the Palestinians? At the same time lets not forget that although new America was a land built on slavery and with the blood of the natives.

0

Justsilvie says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 3 years ago

Good points.

And what about the heroes who report the governments crimes, but serve half a lifetime in prison for their service?

And the ones who committed the crimes get off with nothing! Bush given immunity for War Crimes

0

epsonok0 says

0

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

to a point I agree, but we never intervene in poverty stricken countries where we have no financial interests - that is what bothers me, humanitarianism is played up, but is not our govts. true motivation unfortunately...