Contend?? no need to contend he has stated them on http://l.barackobama.com/goals/ or haven't you noticed? Maybe you haven't notice because the record on his goals is questionable, but I guess you'd say that is Bush's fault, or the Tea Party's fault or, oh yes global warming because as he promised the ocean levels have not come down.
"In his convention speech President Barack Obama (September 6, 2012) President Obama set out a real, achievable plan that will lead to new jobs and more opportunities for middle-class Americans, while rebuilding the economy on a stronger foundation. Take a look, and then share these with your friends who want to know what President Obama has planned for his second term." Yeah let's take a look at them.
2. Create a million new manufacturing jobs by the end of 2016:The number of manufacturing jobs is still 500,000 fewer than when Obama took office
3. Double exports: Nowhere near it.
4. Cut net oil imports in half: This trend was already underway. Rising exports of gasoline and diesel have helped cut net petroleum imports by one-third since 2008. It could be sped up if the administration opened more federal land, both onshore and offshore, to drilling but they won't.
5. Support 600,000 natural gas jobs by the end of the decade. Well I guess Obama has to be out of office for 4 years before we can assess accomplishment of that goal but it looks like he has the EPA on board.
6. Cut the growth of college tuition in half. College presidents and administrators continue to get six-figure raises, even as students get hit with double-digit tuition hikes. Not to mention lavish rec centers and major athletic programs which operate in the red. That plan has gone nowhere so far.
7. Recruit and prepare 100,000 math and science teachers. Well we'll see.
8. Train 2 million workers for real jobs at community colleges. Working on it.
9. End overseas wars and rebuild the economy. Obama defends both drone war and NSA surveillance after first pledging to end costly, dangerous, wars overseas. Rebuild the economy? Far from that yet with shrinking worker pool and real unemployment in the 20% range the economic gap between the middle class and the “One Percent” has widened enormously since 2009 under his watch.
10. Reducing the deficit by more than $4 trillion. Not quite: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5aAbUPCxhS4/UuRO5dU6J8I/...