ecoggins profile image 93

Is the Republican party helped or hurt by their role in the 2013 government shutdown?

The Republican members of Congress forced a government shutdown due to their objections to The Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare). Do you think this action will help or hurt their chances in the 2014 mid-term elections and the 2016 presidential election? It seems to me that if The Affordable Care Act was that bad for the American people then the best thing Republicans can do to insure gains in the next two election cycles is to let it go into law. But, by playing hardball now they may be drawing the blame for hard times to themselves which will jeopardize their chances to win in the future.

The Frog Prince profile image78

The Frog Prince says

60

tbHistorian says

• mbuggieh 3 years ago

To tbHistorian: Exactly where and how did your "relatives" get this free (and as someone has noted "mystery") health insurance coverage?

• ecoggins profile image

ecoggins 3 years ago

Thank you junkseller I appreciate your detailed comment. We will have to see if the prices pan out and the health providers actually provide the services they promise for the quoted prices. I checked them in CA and for my family the prices look good.

jstfishinman profile image78

Bill Akers (jstfishinman) says

0

mbuggieh says

• ecoggins profile image

ecoggins 3 years ago

Thank you mbuggish. Apparently there was an interesting piece in the New York Times yesterday about who is cracking the whip to make Republicans stick to the agenda or lose funding for the next election. Money may be the ruin of Democracy in the USA.