tsadjatko profile image 78

Do you think Time magazine exercised bad taste by this cover? Would you say this is a low blow?

After all the Republican party symbol is the elephant. However ask yourself this, would Time put a picture of a prominent Democrat, say Obama on the cover with the title "The Jackass in the room"? (re: the Democrat Donkey) hmmmmmmmmmm For the benefit of low information voters (if you looked at the pic and thought "who is that," I mean YOU) this is a profile of Republican Chris Christy who just won re-election as Governor of NJ.

Jason Matthews profile image85

Best Answer Jason Matthews says

Genna East profile image87

Genna East says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 3 years ago

At first I tended to agree but when I thought about it how does Christy represent an obvious truth that is being ignored or going unaddressed which is what the idiom means? Do you think if Christy wasn't obese Time would have chosen this cover? Why?

61

tbHistorian says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 3 years ago

Although I personally think it was clever and have no problem with it you can't deny that if any magazine did the same to a democrat figure the REAL PC POLICE, the Democraps would be all over it in spades Maybe Obama & "The Donkey in the Whitehou

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 3 years ago

Chastising? I didn't mean to chastise you. Well, junkseller if low information voters could be cured by fixing a typo America would be much better off. So you think if Christie wasn't obese Time would have featured the 2016 election as the elephant?

mintinfo profile image82

mintinfo says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 3 years ago

The trouble with that is the managing editor had to have approved it so how can she fire the person who thought it up - I do think it was clever but putting it on his silhouette which definitely emphasizes his obesity was a little much.

Josak profile image61

Josak says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 3 years ago

Oh Look! It's the sad sak who puts words into peoples' mouths. I asked a question to see what others thought.. I actually thought the cover was clever. He has seen worse and if anyone can take it and dish it out he can!Term "lowinfovoter offend you?