fiftyish profile image 61

Have you lost faith in humanity?

Perhaps I watch too much news, or maybe it's because I'm getting older and my eyes are more open to man's inhumanity to man. Then again, perhaps I just can't see the beauty of the forest for ugliness of some of its trees. I can't know for sure, but what I do know is that nastiness seems like a global epidemic now, and it's hard to find any place on earth where disgruntled humans aren't tearing each other apart either in thoughts or in actions. It's nice to be nice, it's not nice to be nasty, yet watching News hour this evening it seems as though there's still a lot of animal left in mankind!

• fiftyish profile image

Andy Aitch (fiftyish) 3 years ago

I'm not sure that humans are "the same" M. T. Dremer. Stabbings, muggings, and shootings where once the stuff of national news headlines just 40 years ago, yet nowadays they barely make the inside pages of a local rag!

• fiftyish profile image

Andy Aitch (fiftyish) 3 years ago

Good points ChristinS, thanks for posting your thoughts.

Cre8tor profile image94

Daniel Robbins (Cre8tor) says

• fiftyish profile image

Andy Aitch (fiftyish) 3 years ago

Great closing paragraph Cre8tor ;) And I agree, it is amazing we've made it this far when you look at how savage the race (as a whole) is becoming as populations grow globally.

Seeker7 profile image95

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

• fiftyish profile image

Andy Aitch (fiftyish) 3 years ago

Thanks Seeker7. I can relate to your moments of faith where faith is restored by some kind or compassionate act, yet it would be better if kindness prevailed over nastiness, and I'm not sure that it does.

Billie Kelpin profile image89

Billie Kelpin says

meletakery profile image60

meletakery says