cfin profile image 74

Would smart guns help prevent daily shooting sprees?

Having a chip in a ring or chip in ones hand that works as a key to the weapon would insure that only the owner of the weapon could fire it. Would this help to curb these daily college shooting and other gun crime? Once the owner of the weapon was disarmed, the weapon would not function. People will say "they would just take the ring" or other nonsense, but would a smart gun requirement help to curb gun related violence. I would have thought of it as a no brainer and something that can even be installed in existing weapons.

Genna East profile image86

Best Answer Genna East says

60

xandrafox says

Mr. Happy profile image82

Mr. Happy says

• cfin profile image

cfin 3 years ago

I'm not sure if those capabilities are within reach quite yet, but the smart chip is in fact already in production. In a better world, we wouldn't need to worry. We could all be Mr.Happy

0

dragonflycolor says

• cfin profile image

cfin 3 years ago

Well if all guns mandatory had to have this smart device, I guess we wouldn't need any further control?