jstfishinman profile image 79

Do you think the 1913 Constitutional Amendment allowing the people to vote for Senators was wrong?

Before 1913 Senators were appointed by the states. The House was controlled by the people, The Senate by the states. Our founders set it up this way, so that the states could hold the reins on the Federal Government. Before 1913 there was no Federal income tax. Since 1913, the Federal Government has instituted well over 100 Federal Taxes including: income tax, death tax, Social security, Medicare, Obamacare etc. and is now approaching 17 trillion in debt, with no sign of stopping.

bethperry profile image89

bethperry says

• jstfishinman profile image

Bill Akers (jstfishinman) 2 years ago

I'm very conservative in my politics, more like old school Republicans. I would love to keep more of my money in my pocket. I read the other day, that depending on the state you live in, we may pay as much as 59% in taxes.

wba108@yahoo.com profile image84

wba108@yahoo.com says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

Absolutely, to give so much power to a central government is insane & to date no one has surpassed the wisdom of the founders in creating this great experiment. But I do advocate term limits, two terms for senators, one in office and one in priso

Snøwman profile image61

Snøwman says