Spongy0llama profile image 92

Creationism vs. Evolution: Why?

Why does there appear to be such a degree of animosity between people who believe the natural world is a product of intelligent design by an omnipotent creator, and people who believe it is the product of an evolutionary process that continues to shape the natural world to this day? In this context, why can we not respect one another's difference of opinion? It is an interesting topic to debate, but at the end of the day, I wonder why more people don't allow others to remain entitled to their beliefs, one way or the other.

Best Answer M. T. Dremer says

JDubya profile image93

Jeff Wilson (JDubya) says

• Spongy0llama profile image

Jake Brannen (Spongy0llama) 2 years ago

Thank you. The difference is between people of faith, and people of fact. Some believe to see, and some see to believe. Both of these things are incredibly human as we are all believers and investigators to one degree or another.

Superkev profile image85

Superkev says

• Spongy0llama profile image

Jake Brannen (Spongy0llama) 2 years ago

To which evolutionary theories are you referring? I am only aware of one thoroughly developed theory of evolution and the corresponding postulations and further development by which it is defined.

Kathleen Cochran profile image84

Kathleen Cochran says

• Spongy0llama profile image

Jake Brannen (Spongy0llama) 2 years ago

The wording of my question does not seek to dismiss the existence of those who reconcile between both, rather, for the sake of this discussion, to focus on the often pervasive issue of vehement contention between both opposing camps.

60

RobertmValade says

Snøwman profile image60

Snøwman says

• junkseller profile image

junkseller 2 years ago

Wow! This actually works. With a sincere heart and and real intent I asked the great purple elephant god Fluffybutt if he was truly true and I felt a tingling in my pants. Hallelujah! His great spirit is in me.

IDScience profile image76

IDScience says

• Spongy0llama profile image

Jake Brannen (Spongy0llama) 2 years ago

Why do you think creationists feel the need to convert atheists? Why don't you think they can hold to their own beliefs while respecting that other people hold different beliefs?