Rock_nj profile image 89

Do you ever think the U.S. and Iran would be fighting on the same side in a war?

Iran has been actively fighting ISIS in Iraq, and now that the U.S. is also fighting ISIS in Iran, it puts Iran and the U.S. on the same side in the conflict. Strange bedfellows the MidEast quagmire makes. Did you ever imagine the U.S. and Iran would be fighting on the same side in a war?

Thomas Swan profile image93

Thomas Swan says

Old-Empresario profile image88

Old-Empresario says

• Rock_nj profile image

John Coviello (Rock_nj) 2 years ago

Very true on the first point. The U.S. and Soviet Union were "allies" during WW2, due to a common enemy. I also think the U.S. shows interest in the Mid East, due to economic (oil) concerns and ignores other equally troubling areas.

0

• Rock_nj profile image

John Coviello (Rock_nj) 2 years ago

That is true that they are not fighting side by side. I did read that Iran is also bombing ISIS. It is more like the enemy of my enemy is my friend, in this case. Iran has the objective of helping the Shitte friendly govt in Baghdad. Their ally.

0

Daveadam says