ChristinS profile image 93

What would be the advantages/disadvantages of changing to a strictly popular vote system?

Are delegates/super delegates really necessary in a modern age? If so, why? Shouldn't we be able to go by popular vote? It's not like the old days where transportation and being rural etc should be that much of a problem - shouldn't be. What if everyone at the age of 18 were automatically registered to vote. Open all primaries for the parties and let the candidates be chosen solely by popular vote - would that be a better or worse system than what's in place now? Why or why not? NO political or candidate bickering - this is simply a question about how voting is carried out. Thanks!

Alternative Prime profile image86

Alternative Prime says

UnnamedHarald profile image93

David Hunt (UnnamedHarald) says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 6 months ago

David....Thank you! I can always count on you for the accurate answers to questions I never remember to research. This one has always bothered me!

lions44 profile image94

CJ Kelly (lions44) says