ptosis profile image 81

If a police officer says that I'm "not under arrest" and that I'm being "detained"

yet I'm handcuffed behind my back. That to me seems that I'm under arrest - not detained. I've seen a lot of instances of video where the cop said "detained" a witness yet handcuffed her behind her back. I think that is wrong. What do you think? According to FindLaw it's OK: executing a warrant, officer safety purposes, probable cause to place you under arrest. Three 9-year-old girls and an 8-year-old little boy were arrested during a major school fight. The school was ordered from the police not to call the parents. ACLU says that the kids should have been arrested at home.

Johnny James A profile image78

James (Johnny James A) says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 6 months ago

Thanks for your great answer. I didn't grow up with cops in our school. Makes me wonder, do kids do more crimes because the cops are there or the other way around. Wow, And I thought school sucked when I was young seems not bad compared to now a days

bradmasterOCcal profile image82

bradmasterOCcal says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 6 months ago

Not sure myself. Perhaps progressive, differentiated use of force' instead of full-scale military response to a situation where it is not needed?