We'll blame the Tea Baggers and the other ususal suspects:
Spending Supporting Brown or Attacking Coakley:
* The Tea Party Express PAC: $285,000 on e-mail and Internet newsletters and media buys.
* The Chamber of Commerce: $1,001,400 for media buys.
* Americans for Job Security, an organization created by the American Insurance Association: $479,268 for media buys.
* American Future Fund, a conservative anti-tax group (John Kerry says created the "Swift Boat" attacks on him): $409,000
* Cooperative of American Physicians, an association of California-based doctors: $35,400 for robo-calls.
* National Organization for Marriage, a group against gay marriage: $50,000 on calls.
* National Republican Trust PAC, a PAC dedicated to "protecting the legacy of Ronald Reagan" and supported by Dick Morris: $96,000 on media buys.
* National Rifle Association PAC: $19,000 for postcards.